Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

CSUFSteve

I believe those were the original plans. With all this "talk" about paving over part of RoA DL is clearly refusing to either...

1) Sacrifice more backstage area
2) Get creative enough to disguise the train running through SWL. Very disappointing they can't figure out a way to do this as they have tons of options. Tunnels, show buildings...c'mon.

From what I understand, livestock and some backstage moving offsite are a done deal. Prep work already happening.

Monoblanco13

The Disneyland closures don't start until January 10th, and @Lee has said the DHS version of SWL would start later, so I don't think we will see anything related to SWL this year. We may see some things for TSL sooner.

Whoops I just realize which thread this is, well here's hoping TSL starts sometime in Oct. As for Star Wars do you mean its to start after the DL construction start date?

RSoxNo1

Phases 7 and 3 1/3 are Pixar stuff, but phase 7 is going to be accelerated so it starts after phase 1 but before phase 3 but will finished sometime after phase 2 starts but before phase 9 ends. The board is still debating about the content of phase 5 but I hear if one of the 7 ideas for that phase gets approved it may become phase 1 and phase 1 will become phase 6 3/8, but despite the number may start before phase 3.
Several years ago they had the chance to do what is now Phase 9 3/4, but because that failed it sounds like Phase 9 3/4 will never happen and the result is Phases 1-8.

mleeeman

Phases 7 and 3 1/3 are Pixar stuff, but phase 7 is going to be accelerated so it starts after phase 1 but before phase 3 but will finished sometime after phase 2 starts but before phase 9 ends. The board is still debating about the content of phase 5 but I hear if one of the 7 ideas for that phase gets approved it may become phase 1 and phase 1 will become phase 6 3/8, but despite the number may start before phase 3.
Is your real name omar? I think i found the voice over for this text.

note2001

Not sure if this has been discussed but the AP page on the WDW website says that Season of the Force is 1/8 - 3/20/16.

http://events.mydisneyresorts.com/apCal.html

No additional info is provided. While the other calendar items open up specific pages the SOTF item just opens up the same page in a new window.

Hm. 2016 SWW may indeed happen. (I feared Season of the Force would destroy it) Here's hoping Disney will UP their game for SWW this year of prior years.

JohnD

Hm. 2016 SWW may indeed happen. (I feared Season of the Force would destroy it) Here's hoping Disney will UP their game for SWW this year of prior years.

Yeah. Now they have a new seasonal event in a period where there wasn't one. It ends just before the Easter season which its own draw. Then F&G Festival begins. As it winds down, in previous years, SWW begins. As SWW ends, then the busy summer season arrives. Then fall/holiday, with F&W Festival, MNSSHP, MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, Christmas, New Year. Then the cycle starts over.

All this to say that WDW has something going on all year. I can't imagine their ending SWW because there would be no draw mid-May to mid-June.

JohnD

Last I heard SWW are ending. 2016 or 17 I don't know, but I'm under the impression it's not happening next year.

How did you hear that? Haven't heard anything like that. Maybe it would with an all-year SW land. But all I've seen is speculation. Now more so because of SOTF. But it's still guessing. Nothing more.

britain

I've heard so many people fretting about SWW ending, but I don't get it. Isn't Season of the Force just a bigger and better version of SWW?

Texas84

Chances are there will be a SWL grand opening event with celebrities and maybe they will bring back SWW after that. SWW would be too much trouble with everything being torn down.

note2001

Last I heard SWW are ending. 2016 or 17 I don't know, but I'm under the impression it's not happening next year.

If it is the case that SWW is not happening this coming spring I wish they'd let us know sooner rather than later. I was about to book airfare for my son and I (I've been promising him we could see SWW for years now) but if it's not there, I'd rather move the reservation to another time of year.

I'm curious why they would announce the end of OSL more than a year out from its end, but not SWW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom