Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

djkidkaz

The Millennium Falcon attraction really looks like its going to be Mission Space 2.0, except your looking at a larger screen out your viewpoint. The concept art shows the people interacting with the buttons on the ship.

"Commander, press the hyperspace button....NOW!"
IMG_5113.JPG

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The Millennium Falcon attraction really looks like its going to be Mission Space 2.0, except your looking at a larger screen out your viewpoint. The concept art shows the people interacting with the buttons on the ship.

I don't like the comparison to Mission Space since people tend to think of the centrifuge ride system which the Falcon ride will not have.

Winter

What? Why would that not allow you to go on the ride?
Because that sort of thing severly creeps me out and scares me, and will also put me ti severe freight for the entire ride and time at the park, along with putting a severe amount of pressure on the ride for me, which will completatly ruin it. I like Disney World because it's fun and "magical", plus it means it's like I'm taking a break from the real world. Doing that will make everything as far away from fun and magical as possible, and put me in a just as bad situation as I am in real life. It honestly will ruin everything for me forever, and I mean it. That sort of thing bothers me A LOT.

Kamikaze

^ Well this type of interactivity is the future of SW:GE and Disney Parks in general.

They will allow you to opt out (don't scan/wear your MagicBand, basically), but its going to get more and more common.

Do you wear a MagicBand when you attend the parks now?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

View attachment 218240

I'm assuming your vehicle just moves back and forth on those circles we see in the construction photos, probably surrounded by a big screen.

Each simulator will have its own wrap around screen with four projectors. In theory not only will the action seem "outside" and behind the window frames as opposed to on it, but as you move around there should be parallax shift between the frame and the screen. You should also be able to look up and not look off the screen.

Winter

^ Well this type of interactivity is the future of SW:GE and Disney Parks in general.

They will allow you to opt out (don't scan/wear your MagicBand, basically), but its going to get more and more common.

Do you wear a MagicBand when you attend the parks now?
Yes. I thought you had to?

Kamikaze

Yes. I thought you had to?

You absolutely do not have to wear or use a MagicBand. If you want to use its features, you do.

Reason I asked is because if you're using a MB, they have all of this information on you already. Do they know if you've completed an attraction successfully or not? No, but thats only because thats a new concept and no current attractions look for that info. But they know what you've been on, what you've purchased, where you've gone in the park, what shops you've been in, etc etc etc. If you're worried about a CM bartender knowing if you crashed the Falcon or not, you should be terrified about the real data The Walt Disney Company already has on you.

Not trying to freak you out, but what happens on an attraction is such a minor thing that your fear should be placed elsewhere.

Last edited:

odmichael

Each simulator will have its own wrap around screen with four projectors. In theory not only will the action seem "outside" and behind the window frames as opposed to on it, but as you move around there should be parallax shift between the frame and the screen. You should also be able to look up and not look off the screen.
How many of these simulators will there be?

JAREDSOUCIE001

Two loading turntables. Each turntable will have 7 pods. Each pod will have 6 guests. How many were traveling to St. Ives?

And theoretically if the attraction was 5 minutes in length, you would get roughly 196 people on the ride at any given time, and considering a minute load and a minute unload, we are looking at a hourly capacity of about 1,600 per hour. Which puts its THRC around that of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Goofyernmost

And theoretically if the attraction was 5 minutes in length, you would get roughly 196 people on the ride at any given time, and considering a minute load and a minute unload, we are looking at a hourly capacity of about 1,600 per hour. Which puts its THRC around that of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Except that it is also continuously loading and unloading while each group is experiencing the ride. So you have to figure in the fact that after the initial group has made the trip to the point that they are ready to unload, the load will basically double with each complete rotation. If my thought on that is correct. It's not 7 pods load at the same time and unload at the same time so one revolution is only one group of riders. When the last one gets off, 6 new groups have either just begun or are about to finish the ride rotation.

djkidkaz

How much movement does your actual vehicle offer? Can you just move left and right? Or also up and down? It almost looks like you would be attached to a Kuka arm aka the angler fish in nemo or sum of all thrills.

Kman101

I have no doubt you should be able to opt out of the immersive experience. I think it's great they're doing it but I personally don't always want to be bothered and many others won't either so I can't imagine forcing everyone to take part. It'll be fun to see it but no thanks LOL. But I may change my mind on it after seeing it in action. And how long do we give them for keeping up with it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom