Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

BD-Anaheim

This isn't accurate. He's never in more than one spot at a given theme park (no character is), but he can be in multiple spots (and is) across all of Walt Disney World.

If this is true, then it is an update from the past when Disney took great measures to ensure that Mickey never showed in more than one place at a time.

I am speaking from experience.

Notes from Neverland

If this is true, then it is an update from the past when Disney took great measures to ensure that Mickey never showed in more than one place at a time.

I am speaking from experience.

Check the schedules for Mickey at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. They can both be seen at the two separate parks all day long. That being said, you won't find Mickey in more than one spot at any given time in each respective park.

Winter

That's a lot of punctuation. But yes, they're going to do that. Why can't you ride?

Because in a theme park, things are only supposed to exist in your frame of space and time. Okay that sounds confusing. I'll try to explain.

While you're perusing around the land, you see the Falcon parked outside. But once you enter the attraction, you can't see it anymore. So the preshow and queue will make it seem as though you're actually boarding and flying the Falcon you saw outside before. Once you land the ship and the ride ends, you exit the attraction and see it parked outside again.

For example, Mickey is in multiple places at one time. How can you meet him in the Magic Kingdom when he's also doing meet and greets in every other park? As an adult with a fully-developed brain and somewhat-developed MyDisneyExperience app, you know this isn't possible. But young children do indeed think they're seeing the one and only Mickey Mouse. You're supposed to imagine that, because Mickey loves you and you're so so very special, he came to the same park as you every day!

Similarly, you're supposed to imagine that, because you're so so very special, you get to fly the real Falcon!

There's a lot of suspending disbelief required to enjoy a theme park, especially for adults.
A good theme park makes this easy to do.
Because that sort of thing severly creeps me out and scares me, and will also put me ti severe freight for the entire ride and time at the park, along with putting a severe amount of pressure on the ride for me, which will completatly ruin it. I like Disney World because it's fun and "magical", plus it means it's like I'm taking a break from the real world. Doing that will make everything as far away from fun and magical as possible, and put me in a just as bad situation as I am in real life. It honestly will ruin everything for me forever, and I mean it. That sort of thing bothers me A LOT.

No Name

^Nice post, although it's important to note that Mickey is never in more than one place a time a time across the resort.

That's definitely not true. He does meet and greets almost all day, along with shows, character dining, and probably more. Sure, you can't see or hear him in two places at the same time. But he is most certainly in multiple places throughout the resort at the same time.

Maybe that's true just within each park? Even that, I don't know.

Because that sort of thing severly creeps me out and scares me, and will also put me ti severe freight for the entire ride and time at the park, along with putting a severe amount of pressure on the ride for me, which will completatly ruin it. I like Disney World because it's fun and "magical", plus it means it's like I'm taking a break from the real world. Doing that will make everything as far away from fun and magical as possible, and put me in a just as bad situation as I am in real life. It honestly will ruin everything for me forever, and I mean it. That sort of thing bothers me A LOT.

Haha, well I'm sure you are not alone. Disney will have to figure out how to identify similar people and avoid bothering them. I think a rather easy solution would be an on/off switch on the MyDisneyExperince app.

Me? I think it's awesome. It's not like they're sharing my social security number.

doctornick

How are we supposed to be entering and flying the falcon when we see it outside as we enter the building?

I actually agree with this and it has seemed strange to me. I feel like a better bit of "placemaking" would have been to have the Falcon visible outside in the land, but positioned in a way (perhaps on a second story of a building) where most of the ship is visible, but not the entrance ramp. That would make it more believable that you are getting on the ship that you could see outside as you go through the queue.

Then again, perhaps I'll be surprised and they execute an effective story during the queue for the Falcon ride that explains how you are boarding the ship you just saw outside not surrounded by this queue space you are walking through.

doctornick

Haha, well I'm sure you are not alone. Disney will have to figure out how to identify similar people and avoid bothering them. I think a rather easy solution would be an on/off switch on the MyDisneyExperince app.

I'm guessing that you'll have to "opt in" in some way, whether that's on the app or somewhere in the land (Resistance recruiting station?) in person. That will keep it to guests who want to participate.

doctornick

You see the outside of a Star Tours cruiser with R2D2 on it in the queue. You then go through 'customs' and board it.
There's only one R2D2. You see 'him' on a cruiser in the queue. You board the one he's the astrodroid for.

I've never thought of the Star Tours vehicle in the queue being the one I would ride. More like it was an example of one. The fact that R2 is there is irrelevant to the illusion -- he's able to move and isn't necessarily assigned to one specific ship.

I mean, it's not really a big deal either way, but I'd like to see some in universe (i.e. in park) explanation for how I'm boarding the specific ship that was sitting outside on my way in for the Falcon ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's definitely not true. He does meet and greets almost all day, along with shows, character dining, and probably more. Sure, you can't see or hear him in two places at the same time. But he is most certainly in multiple places throughout the resort at the same time.

You can walk out of the Town Square M&G with Mickey and see him going by on a parade float on which he had to have been on for at the very least, the last five minutes...

Or, leave that M&G and head up Main Street and see him in a castle stage show that he must have been on stage for at least the past 10 minutes...

Last edited:

No Name

I'm guessing that you'll have to "opt in" in some way, whether that's on the app or somewhere in the land (Resistance recruiting station?) in person. That will keep it to guests who want to participate.

Yeah, that's probably more like it.

If I were designing the parks, I'd set the default to "in" and allow people to opt out. But I have a lot of crazy ideas that wouldn't go over well with everyone.

I've never thought of the Star Tours vehicle in the queue being the one I would ride. More like it was an example of one.

Me too. Part of that is because nothing says there's only one Star Tours vehicle. In fact, since you see people lining up to board multiple vehicles, I just always felt like there were supposed to be multiple. That never struck me as odd.

Of course the MF ride is different, since there's only supposed to be one Falcon.

Princess Leia

You can walk out of the Town Square M&G with Mickey and see him going by on a parade float on which he had to have been on for at the very least, the last five minutes...

Or, leave that M&G and head up Main Street and see him in a castle stage show that he must have been on stage for at least the past 10 minutes...

I would think of Wonderland as being a send-up of British culture. Sort of a Bizarro England.
I think you meant to quote me in the UK attraction thread, lol

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Damn, I wish you would share the picture, because, like everyone else here we are just waiting for you to show us your picture so we can print it out and then go to everyplace in the country comparing it to faces we see until we find you and let the world know your location so we can stalk and run on sentences for the rest of time.
People have told me that the picture of that old person that is in my avatar along with my grandchildren might resemble me but it is not me. I am much younger and better looking. You will be wasting your time trying to find me. Doesn't look like me at all. Nope, not at all. However, if you are trying to find me to give me large amounts of money, this guy may be able to tell you where I am.
I found you. In a mall, of all places. ;)

Movielover

a global war of Humans against the Ascended.

bboUUuz.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There's only one millennium falcon, but numerous star tour cruisers.
The Millennium Falcon is really just a souped up CorellianYT-1300f light freighter. Versions of them were seen in both Episode 2 and 3. While not very common in the time frame of Episode 7, seeing one, especially in the outer rim ,would be no more uncommon the seeing an old Chevy pickup truck on a farm in Iowa.

britain

The Millennium Falcon is really just a souped up CorellianYT-1300f light freighter. Versions of them were seen in both Episode 2 and 3. While not very common in the time frame of Episode 7, seeing one, especially in the outer rim ,would be no more uncommon the seeing an old Chevy pickup truck on a farm in Iowa.

Yes, but people keep fighting over ownership of it. She's special. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom