Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Battle ride basement appears to have become a swimming pool. The door in the first picture is underwater in the second and more recent picture.

upload_2017-7-23_15-14-25.png

upload_2017-7-23_15-15-2.png

No Name

Watching the D23 presentation for the first time in full. Scott said "if you prove to be one of the hottest flight crews in the galaxy, you might find some extra galactic credits coming your way."

So you could essentially win money to spend in Star Wars Land by doing well on the ride? Well that sounds like a fine idea. Of course, the whole aspect of the guy at the cantina confronting you about how you did on the ride is the most exciting. I'm sure that will shock many guests and make it feel extra real.

Winter

Of course, the whole aspect of the guy at the cantina confronting you about how you did on the ride is the most exciting. I'm sure that will shock many guests and make it feel extra real.
Are they going to be doing that?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna be able to go on the ride if that's the case.......

No Name

Are they going to be doing that?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna be able to go on the ride if that's the case.......
That's a lot of punctuation. But yes, they're going to do that. Why can't you ride?

How are we supposed to be entering and flying the falcon when we see it outside as we enter the building?

Because in a theme park, things are only supposed to exist in your frame of space and time. Okay that sounds confusing. I'll try to explain.

While you're perusing around the land, you see the Falcon parked outside. But once you enter the attraction, you can't see it anymore. So the preshow and queue will make it seem as though you're actually boarding and flying the Falcon you saw outside before. Once you land the ship and the ride ends, you exit the attraction and see it parked outside again.

For example, Mickey is in multiple places at one time. How can you meet him in the Magic Kingdom when he's also doing meet and greets in every other park? As an adult with a fully-developed brain and somewhat-developed MyDisneyExperience app, you know this isn't possible. But young children do indeed think they're seeing the one and only Mickey Mouse. You're supposed to imagine that, because Mickey loves you and you're so so very special, he came to the same park as you every day!

Similarly, you're supposed to imagine that, because you're so so very special, you get to fly the real Falcon!

There's a lot of suspending disbelief required to enjoy a theme park, especially for adults.
A good theme park makes this easy to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom