Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
hey @marni1971 , any clue on how much of the building will house queue and backstage actual ride area?
Falcon is a multi level building (the ride system chambers are floor to roof in height) - the vast majority of it will be queue / preshows / ride systems.

The battle attraction is similar, possible 40% pre ride and 60% actual ride space with a ride vehicle garage too.

azox

Falcon is a multi level building (the ride system chambers are floor to roof in height) - the vast majority of it will be queue / preshows / ride systems.

The battle attraction is similar, possible half pre ride and half actual ride space with a ride vehicle garage too.

It looks like there is a second floor on the battle attraction as well as a large basement portion in some areas. Any chance there will be lifts to go up and down similar to how transformers does?

HauntedMansionFLA

The battle attraction is similar, possible half pre ride and half actual ride space with a ride vehicle garage too.
Is the show buildings the same size as Pandora's or bigger? It's interesting that the tread now is to have big pre-show's along with the ride. Hopefully the pre-show's do not overshadow the main ride.

S 2

Nothing in the post you're responding to is negative, and it ends on a positively upbeat note. Try actually reading what I wrote.

And my general attitude towards this in those "dozens of posts" has been it's not for me, it seems like it could be neat, I simply hope it doesn't come at the expense of other SW developments. You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder because my adulation isn't pronounced enough, but I get the impression you tend to react like that.

They're mean to newbies on here, it means he likes you...

doctornick

Like Star Tours, somehow I think they'd make some a situation such as enter from left, exit from right (through some "secret escape door.") It's the cheapest and most efficient option, but I'd love something more creative, out-of-the-box surprise.

I don't think so. The group on the ride should exit and then the (now empty) cockpit will continue to rotate to a new position where load will occur -- the doors will open to an empty cockpit that the riders will ride.

ItlngrlBella

I don't think so. The group on the ride should exit and then the (now empty) cockpit will continue to rotate to a new position where load will occur -- the doors will open to an empty cockpit that the riders will ride.

I would hope, but that is much more expensive. I'm afraid they will go for what's more time/cost effective.

peter11435

I would hope, but that is much more expensive. I'm afraid they will go for what's more time/cost effective.
If they were just going for what's cost effective then the cockpits wouldn't need to be constantly in motion at all. This is essentially a ride system riding another ride system. If they were just going for cost they could have eliminated the entire rotation aspect

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Doctornick is correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom