Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Dan Deesnee

It works just fine for Fantasyland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, etc. It's no different. Not everyone HAS to be or WILL be represented.

Yeah I don't see any issues with mixing genres and time periods. It works and wouldn't be an issue. Hell I think it could even be kind of interesting to mix the IP's up a little. Put in a big statue of marvel and pixar characters all interacting with each other. Idk, they could do some interesting things with this.

With Star Wars Land i'm sure it will be impressive. But again, my concerns keep going back to the number of new attractions. Fantasy Land has what, 10 attractions in a maybe slightly bigger footprint? I just don't know if these new "lands" will have the longevity and draw of the others simply cause there just isn't enough to do. My fear is that these new lands we're going to wait years for will just become 1 hour stop offs in the future.

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, March 24. Perhaps reported earlier....a new crane spotted in the construction area. This view from the main entrance road, before the parking gate. Also notice the rectangular steel framework in front of the cast parking garage that extends to the right in the photo.

IMG_9401.JPG

Cesar R M

Photo update as of Friday, March 24. Perhaps reported earlier....a new crane spotted in the construction area. This view from the main entrance road, before the parking gate. Also notice the rectangular steel framework in front of the cast parking garage that extends to the right in the photo.

View attachment 195852
As usual, thank you for the photos @WDWtraveler !

Kman101

Looking forward to seeing what the background will be. Will it be clouds and go away blue, or maybe something that looks like a fence? Any ideas?

TP2000

Even with TSL, there still won't be enough to do with SWL open for the crowds that will be flocking there.

Another great point. DHS, even with these two new areas, probably won't have enough for those crowds to do. This could lead to some real issues.

That's the part that really fascinates me about the Star Wars Land clones shared on each coast. In Florida they are adding Star Wars Land to a half-day park (DHS) that only has 13 attractions currently - 5 of which are rides, and will have 9 rides total once Star Wars Land opens. In California they are adding Star Wars Land to a two-day park (Disneyland) that has 46 attractions currently - 34 of which are rides, and will have 36 rides total once Star Wars Land opens.

DHS in 2019 with Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land
16 Attractions - 9 Rides, 5 are E Tickets (
ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, Star Wars #1, Star Wars #2)

Disneyland in 2019 with Star Wars Land
48 Attractions - 36 Rides, 13 are E Tickets
(Space Mt., Star Tours, Submarines, Matterhorn Bobselds, Small World, Big Thunder Mt., Indiana Jones Adventure, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mt., Star Wars #1, Star Wars #2)

Those two parks couldn't be more different from each other. And yet they are cloning the exact same Star Wars project and its rides for each park to open within a year of each other. How that works in those two very different environments should be quite a study.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow they are really far behind Disneyland

Yes, but DHS SWL will have the advantage of not going first. Any defects in plans will be discovered first at DL. Any hiccups in implementation of the rides will be discovered first at DL. All the artists and other WDI staff doing stuff first at DL will presumably be able to move faster, after having done it already at DL. All the construction and WDI staff could presumably be shipped out to Florida once they finish in California and help the staff at DHS to get them hustling.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, but DHS SWL will have the advantage of not going first. Any defects in plans will be discovered first at DL. Any hiccups in implementation of the rides will be discovered first at DL. All the artists and other WDI staff doing stuff first at DL will presumably be able to move faster, after having done it already at DL. All the construction and WDI staff could presumably be shipped out to Florida once they finish in California and help the staff at DHS to get them hustling.

Right, I think this has been overlooked when people are comparing progress. It makes no sense for them to construct simultaneously. Staggering construction by a few months is much more logical for the reasons that you lay out.

sedati

Really interesting to see what's in the base of the pit (a perspective never seen in the Disneyland pics.) Could it be the loading area for the trackless vehicles?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom