Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

You had me until the end. Malls are dying because folks shop online as it's generally cheaper, more convenient, and you can do it in your underwear.
Well, I will agree with that, but, eventually people are going to want to push themselves away from the computer and go into the real world. They use computers at work, they communicate on the computer, they play games on the computer... in other words they just sit there like vegetables never flexing a muscle and thinking that this is life. This too shall pass. Well, all except the shopping in your underwear part. I'm hoping that lasts forever... I hate store shopping.

gmajew

Premium Member
I agree, I still love Omni-movers and always will. They are what makes Disney so unique, they should never change that. Everything goes in circles, before long people will love them again and they will all remember how lazy we actually are and want to ride to our entertainment. They were what sold me on Disney to begin with and I still love them. The moving boarding, the turning cars to view scenes, all of it... just fascinating to me.

What it brings to mind to me was years ago shopping centers were just starting out. Everyone flocked to them, then along came Malls. Wow, you could do all your shopping and never go outdoors, it was, and still is a great idea. However, Malls are dying now because Big Box Stores are the in thing which is nothing more then shopping centers on steroids except that now you have to drive between them instead of just walk. Before long everyone is going to come to their senses and realize that BBS do not carry anymore variety then the old shopping centers used to, just more of the same items. So they'll be back and before long, Malls will be the place to go again. The same thing applies to Omni's. In the twisted words of Arnold..."They'll be back!"

they need to be back... They are great people eaters and they are usually all age rides that fit WDW. I hope the star wars one is so good... I have such high expectations...

I will say I am glad the moving sidewalks lazy people omniovmers are going away though....

Next Big Thing

Try it.

We spent the same if not longer. And still missed loads. I've not had such a jaw dropping moment since I first rode Forbidden Journey. And it takes a lot.
I'm a big Potter fan (read all the books - even the side stories - and seen all movies), but the most I ever do at Diagon is maybe wait to see the dragon, do Gringotts and get some Butterbeer Ice Cream. It's always fun, but I could never imagine just walking around for 2 hours.

Alejandro

My point isn't that it's "old" technology. Omnimovers are great. The point is that it's a screen-based ride. Compareed to virtually any other screen-based attraction in Orlando, it feels ancient. Screen technology dates itself much faster than something like Haunted Mansion, which is timeless..
And this is why animatronics will always be better than something on a screen, I don't mind mixing them, along with Digital mapping, like Mystic Manor, but just doing a screen, motion, fog, lights and water, heck, my local 4DX movie theater has that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm a big Potter fan (read all the books - even the side stories - and seen all movies), but the most I ever do at Diagon is maybe wait to see the dragon, do Gringotts and get some Butterbeer Ice Cream. It's always fun, but I could never imagine just walking around for 2 hours.
Neither did I until I saw it! And I'm not a massive fan of the IP.

BrianLo

Difference between a tourist and a local I think. When I said 2 hours I was probably underselling how much time I spent in there (probably an entire day between Diagon and Hogsmead). I sat through the shows in Carkitt market, watched the effects, went through the stores, did Ollivanders (probably would have spent more time if I'd actually bought an interactive wand), browsed a lot of merchandise, ate at Leaky Cauldron, had a wizard brew, got ice-cream, etc.

But like all things... if you are just there for a spin on the attraction it takes no time at all.

Wikkler

4. Batman - Gotham
5. Metropolis - Superman
6: LOTR
7. Jurassic Park
8. Wonderland
9. Pirates of the Caribbean
10. Monstropolis
11. Far Far Away - Shrek - that would work as better 10th and would remove Pandora.
Ehh I'd combine Gotham and Metropolis...
im sorry for the off topic post

i think Despicable Me deserves its own land
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH No.

Electricsoup

My point isn't that it's "old" technology. Omnimovers are great. The point is that it's a screen-based ride. Compareed to virtually any other screen-based attraction in Orlando, it feels ancient. Screen technology dates itself much faster than something like Haunted Mansion, which is timeless.

Omnimovers are my least favorite ride system. So honestly the whole "this is great, this is not" isn't serving to make valuable decisions, even arm chair ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom