Star Wars Land and its layout

|Q|

Original Poster
Sorry if this post is borderline armchair imagineering, but I was thinking about the layout of this much rumored DLP expansion. At first i wasn't too happy about the news of a retheme of the backside of Discoveryland to a Star Wars mini land. Discoveryland is such a cool land, but right now its theme has been quite muddled (and the Star Tours/Captain EO area has always been the weak one). But then occurred to me, since they've seen that attractions updates don't bring big crowds (à la SM:M2), they may realize that for Star Tours II to be a big hit they may be willing to spend a little more and cut the logistical legacy with the old attraction. The way to do so would be making the current Star Tours facade to be only Discoveryland backdrop (maybe developing a better Discoveryland Station), and going the Toontown way putting all this new land beyond the berm. I made some quick notes on a Google Maps screenshot:

jg2r9l.jpg

The fat red line would be the rerouting of Star Tours queue (through what should be current Captain EO exit lane), the think black line it's the limit of the onstage area of this new land.

This way we could end up having a better Discoveryland (i'm always been ed that the steam train would stop in the non-steampunk area of the land... such a waste!) and a fully immersive Mos Eisley enviroment (if they have learnt something about fully immersive lands with the Cars Land lesson)

Doing so would look to be much more expensive than retheming only the currents facades, but Tatooine is a desert planet, and Mos Eisley is mostly made of boxy adobe buildings like this:

mos-eisley.jpg

Mos_Eisley_btm.jpg

and right now Star Tours backstage looks like this:

oe492.png

So well, my theory is that Mos Eisley over the berm at DLP could be the less expensive new land EVER.

Hope this post makes sense outside my head :p

Q

croboy82

It's not about them not having money, it's about Disney (the whole company) not giving them enough money ;)

But they know they have to fix Disney Studios.

|Q|

Original Poster
I was thinking, to soend less they could only convert 4 of the 6 simulators in paris.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom