News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D

Deleted member 107043

Take a look at these amazing aerial shots @Curious Constance found at Disneygeek.com:

disney.jpg

Disney2.jpg

Disney3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

Which is weird because the Kessel Run is documented as 18 parsecs in length. Therefore Han found a shortcut to travel 18 parsecs in only 12. According to Star Wars EU, he did this by cutting really close to a series of black holes thereby cutting 20 light years off his travel time.

https://www.wired.com/2013/02/kessel-run-12-parsecs/

Oh my God, the nerd factor in this thread is just a little too high for me. :D

D

Deleted member 107043

The thing that stood out to me is just how small DHS is compared to Disneyland. Considering that both of the Galaxy's Edges (oh do I hate that awkward name) are the same the difference between the size of the two parks is considerable.

Phroobar

The thing that stood out to me is just how small DHS is compared to Disneyland. Considering that both of the Galaxy's Edges (oh do I hate that awkward name) are the same the difference between the size of the two parks is considerable.
It seems like such a waste to dedicate that much space to SW:GE at DHS. They could have split it in two for more rides. Of course, they still have room outside their berm for more stuff. I wonder how much bigger DHS is to USH or USO?

D

Deleted member 107043

It seems like such a waste to dedicate that much space to SW:GE at DHS.

I think it was probably the best decision in order to not only keep attendance climbing, but to better compete with USF. As strong as Uni's franchises are, it'll be tough for it to compete with Star Wars over the long term.

Phroobar

I just looked it up. DHS is 135 acres while the Magic Kingdom is only 107 acres. DCA is only 72 acres and DL is 82 acres. That park seems so much smaller probably because there is nothing to do there except ride the TOT over and over.

kthomas105

I just looked it up. DHS is 135 acres while the Magic Kingdom is only 107 acres. DCA is only 72 acres and DL is 82 acres. That park seems so much smaller probably because there is nothing to do there except ride the TOT over and over.
Part of the size is due to show buildings existing inside the "berm" TSMM and the old GMR show buildings are each about 2/3 of the same footprint size as Alcatraz. Add on to that the numerous show buildings like Indiana Jones, MV3D, and a dedicated Fantasmic amphitheater and the acres start to add up quick. But you are absolutely right for all that space the park is limited on quality attractions right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom