News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

I brought up the question because the waterfall needs to be turned off to allow equipment in and out of the storage area.
everything was just hidden under tarps near the river before. Now they will be inside the building and brought out at certain time of the day and water feature would need to be turned off leaving the huge building entrance exposed.
So would that happen right before Fantasmic started or during and would they stop the train for a few minutes or it won't matter if guests see The water turned off?

In the old scheme of things, the "inlet" where the princess barges, Ticktock the crocodile, and the service boat were stored was separated from the DLRR by a fence. It was between the Indian horse corral and the DLRR tracks. There was a scrim over the top, similar to tarps.

In the new configuration, the train would have to be paused and the waterfall turned off whenever the service boat was needed on the ROA and before and after Fan!!. But from what I understand from CMs working on the ROA (proudly known as "River Rats"), this is not a big deal. The service boat can help evacuate from the Twain or Columbia, push the Columbia if it's disabled, and assist in other emergencies. But the TSI rafts are the most versatile on the ROA. They can navigate around obstacles, approach the Big Boats, and retrieve dead birds and fish.

But I wish I could ride under the RR trellis and into the the cave with the waterfall turned off. Oh, to be a Bond Villain!!!

Kman101

WDW also has the benefit of having four parks to walk around in. It's easy to go to WDW once a week and not get bored because you're still only hitting each park once a month if you do.

I'm the crazy local who used to try and hit three parks in a day trip lol if I'm driving an hour and a half I want to take advantage. But now if I go for the day it's one park or I stay three days at a Disney Springs area hotel. Lol

Curious Constance

***NEWS ALERT***

My rebel spies report that CMs are being told Big Thunder Trail will reopen 6/9 and a tentative opening for Tom Sawyer Island 6/19. This was posted in writing (and no Bothans died getting this information out, although one was reportedly out of breath).
So just the island would be open, not the Columbia or Mark Twain?

Old Mouseketeer

So just the island would be open, not the Columbia or Mark Twain?

Funny you should ask. I haven't heard anything about them resuming service. But one hears that they are testing the full traverse around the island. I suspect the limitation is finishing the back side of the river. I assume that once all the rockwork, landscaping, and waterworks are finished, they'll be up and running. But that's just a guess. My Bothans do report that Columbia is fully restored. There's a rumor that there was a ing match over who was responsible for restoring the rotten hull between two different departments. Apparently they resolved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom