News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

JediMasterMatt

Stay for the end--the big and little Plutos are priceless. Have a nice hot, steaming cup of AAAaaahhh to start your day!

10:35 to the end is a perfect example of what REAL Disney Parks magic is. I always try to explain to people why DLR is so vastly different than WDW and it's things like this that make the differences seem as vast as the physical mileage between the coasts. When WDW made their move to sequester meet-and-greets behind barriers to allow them to become "attractions" that you can queue for, they lost this intangible impromptu magic that can only take place at a real Disney Park. Moments like this are few and far between at WDW due to the physical barriers that exist between the characters and the guests. Everyone who saw the Cast Member in the Pluto costume do this had their day enlightened and these types of encounters happen way more consistently at DLR because the characters are in their "natural habitat" - the streets. Each time I visit Disneyland Resort, I see many examples of this type of special magic. Whether it's Pluto sharing some time with a doppleganger guest, Mary taking a child by the hand at the front gate and walking them back to the Tea Cups for a spin, or extra characters randomly showing up for the "unadvertised" musical chairs (which is already a example of the extra impromptu magic), DLR still delivers to this day a making every day spontaneous and full of surprises. All the while WDW continues to be plagued by micromanagement of your day to unfold exactly according to plan ever mindful of Tic-Toc the Croc to spoil your best laid plans as time catches up with you and spoils months of pre-planning.

What a great find in this video.

As a treat, I will share that the intention for SWL is for this pattern of spontaneous "character" encounters is a planned part of the magic. Guest interaction with Cast Member "characters" inhabiting this exotic spaceport. It will be curious to see if Florida opens with this in operation and if so - can they continue it into the future.

D

Deleted member 107043

I gotta say I'm kind of over SW Land construction now that the primary view into the land is almost fully obstructed by buildings.

TP2000

I gotta say I'm kind of over SW Land construction now that the primary view into the land is almost fully obstructed by buildings.

Yes, things are changing quickly as the buildings become giant monoliths of steel and cement.

But like the guys said above, go to the very end of that latest construction video from our lady blogger. That Pluto interaction even warmed by old, calcified heart.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, things are changing quickly as the buildings become giant monoliths of steel and cement.

But like the guys said above, go to the very end of that latest construction video from our lady blogger. That Pluto interaction even warmed by old, calcified heart.

Yes, I saw that. Adorable.

That made my ovaries ache. And I'm a dude.

mickEblu

Has anyone seen this image from the latest D23 issue. Gives a little bit different perspective than some of the other concept art, especially the big waterfall closest to Frontierland. Also, is it just me or does it look like they shortened the ROA by about 20% in this pic?

I don't think I ever realized that the train would be going under those rock arches.

IMG_7095.JPG

SSG

Has anyone seen this image from the latest D23 issue. Gives a little bit different perspective than some of the other concept art, especially the big waterfall closest to Frontierland. Also, is it just me or does it look like they shortened the ROA by about 20% in this pic?

I don't think I ever realized that the train would be going under those rock arches.

View attachment 207599
It needs more pipes.

Curious Constance

View attachment 207599
It's a park map, everything is smaller on those so I think that's all it is.

This was posted the other day by @Stevek but until then I'd never noticed the arches either. Another cool addition!

brb1006

10:35 to the end is a perfect example of what REAL Disney Parks magic is. I always try to explain to people why DLR is so vastly different than WDW and it's things like this that make the differences seem as vast as the physical mileage between the coasts. When WDW made their move to sequester meet-and-greets behind barriers to allow them to become "attractions" that you can queue for, they lost this intangible impromptu magic that can only take place at a real Disney Park. Moments like this are few and far between at WDW due to the physical barriers that exist between the characters and the guests. Everyone who saw the Cast Member in the Pluto costume do this had their day enlightened and these types of encounters happen way more consistently at DLR because the characters are in their "natural habitat" - the streets. Each time I visit Disneyland Resort, I see many examples of this type of special magic. Whether it's Pluto sharing some time with a doppleganger guest, Mary taking a child by the hand at the front gate and walking them back to the Tea Cups for a spin, or extra characters randomly showing up for the "unadvertised" musical chairs (which is already a example of the extra impromptu magic), DLR still delivers to this day a making every day spontaneous and full of surprises. All the while WDW continues to be plagued by micromanagement of your day to unfold exactly according to plan ever mindful of Tic-Toc the Croc to spoil your best laid plans as time catches up with you and spoils months of pre-planning.

What a great find in this video.

As a treat, I will share that the intention for SWL is for this pattern of spontaneous "character" encounters is a planned part of the magic. Guest interaction with Cast Member "characters" inhabiting this exotic spaceport. It will be curious to see if Florida opens with this in operation and if so - can they continue it into the future.
This takes me back to when I first went to WDW back in 2004 and seeing a group of characters walking right past me to prepare for the Share A Dream Come True Parade.

mickEblu

It's a park map, everything is smaller on those so I think that's all it is.

This was posted the other day by @Stevek but until then I'd never noticed the arches either. Another cool addition!

Well excuuuuuuuuuse meeee @Stevek

Haha but seriously I had never noticed the large waterfall in any of the concept art and most of the construction photos of trestle/ rock work is near the Critter Country side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom