News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

truecoat

I actually wouldn't mind having Star Wars Land as the official name, but of course that wouldn't be on theme, even though they have to have the name "Star Wars" in there somewhere. It won't roll off the tongue like Fantasyland or New Orleans Square but everyone is gonna just call it 'Star Wars' anyways.

Also, they did say it would have larger universe implications (it has a history and place on the official map). Though I'm assuming that means a book or comic; maybe an appearance on a TV show or video game, but likely not the film's.

How about Star Wars Universe?

But we'll end up with...

Star Wars:Hyperspace Blast!

BrianLo

Original Poster
I guarantee we will wind up with some combination of...

X: Planet Name
or
Planet name: X

X being - (A) Star Wars Experience, The Universe of Star Wars, Star Wars Universe, A Star Wars Saga etc.

Inevitably people will call it Star Wars Land, the more informed will call it Planet Name and the hardcore forum posters will create an acronym.

Mike S

or

X being - (A) Star Wars Experience, The Universe of Star Wars, Star Wars Universe, A Star Wars Saga etc.

Inevitably people will call it Star Wars Land, the more informed will call it Planet Name and the hardcore forum posters will create an acronym.
Lol, totally accurate :)

Curious Constance

or

Try texting to a non hardcore Disney fan, about Disney, when they don't know the acronyms. :banghead:

TP2000

or

That is terrifyingly accurate.

mickEblu

It would be so bold and unbelievably refreshing if "Star Wars" wasn't actually in the name of the land. As if we won't where we are? For advertising purposes I understand some sort of reference to Star Wars. But it shouldn't have to be on the park map or any signs. Star Wars. It's not even a place. It's a historical set of events in a galaxy at war. It's kind of cringeworthy to have the word "War" as part of the land. They got it right in 1987 when they called it Star Tours and not Star Wars Tours.

Currently, the marketing dept. has no idea how to be clever or subtle. Or maybe they re not allowed to be?

Lastly, they re going through great lengths to be immersive with this Land. If thats the case, there should be no signs at all right? Or at least no sign or Land marquee saying "Star Wars."

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

or

I still can't believe the official name of Cars Land is...Cars Land. It still hurts to say it - it sounds so incredibly stupid

veritas55

They actually explained during the panel that they didn't want to feature a land from the movies and they don't want guests to simply feel like they are visiting a movie set best of. They want this to be its own place, so guests aren't simply reliving the movie or scenes, but instead are on their own adventure within the universe.

Meaning I don't think it will appear on film, though probably will make its way into novelization.

Fair point. I'm just confused how they are going to create story continuity with the Millennium Falcon being there. But, as I think about it, what I wrote makes no sense in terms of the Han Solo movie because that film takes place before A New Hope and Star Wars land has the First Order, which places the time frame many years later (how embarrassing to be a Star Wars geek). So, if anything, it would be Rey or that crew that brought it there.

I do think it's a cool concept to have this be a place set apart from the film locations, and the concept art looks fantastic: something like Fez/ Marrakesh in a western-ish landscape. The potential here is amazing to feel immersed in a rundown, smugglers port. I just hope the Cantina feels as immersive and seedy (in a fun way) as the art suggests.

Professortango1

Disney can call the land whatever they would like, most guests are going to call it Star Wars Land. Nobody calls it "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter." Heck, people still call Splash "The Log Ride" and The Haunted Mansion "The Haunted House." Branding won't change what it is called by guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom