News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TP2000

I saw it when it was up. It looked like they were laying rebar all along the river floor, so the dirt river's days are numbered and we'll hopefully see concrete soon.

It's back online now. Let's hope it stays there, as it has lots of good views and progress on display.

TP2000

In related news, I will miss the little railroad exhibit they set up at the New Orleans Square station for the last year. The end result of Star Wars Land will be a more picturesque and interesting train trip along Disneyland's northern flanks, but the static railroad display was a fun offering during the 18 months of closure.

The engineers who staff that exhibit are real characters. Here our lady videographer captures one of them hand feeding the birds. I bet the birds will miss this Disneyland Railroad display too.

TP2000

And She's followed that up with a second video from inside the park.

Right now I'm more fascinated with the changes seen from inside Frontierland and Critter Country. The work on the new northern berm and the Rivers of America is radically changing the views and vistas from inside the park, and I think it's all a huge improvement. The rockwork and new berm and waterfalls and new railroad route make that northern perimeter seem much more interesting and engaging. Thanks Star Wars! In my humble opinion.

Old Mouseketeer

I'm beginning to feel like the ROA watercraft and show scenes may open by the summer season. Anyone else think so? They've made a ton of progress since the beginning of February.

My rebel spies have been attempting to infiltrate Westside attractions for information. At this point CMs are as much in the dark as we are. On the Entertainment side, plans are moving forward for Fan!! to return, although no dates are given. One interesting aside is that there are more new people than veterans among performers, techs, and costumers. Not sure about CMs working crowd control in the viewing area. But given that attractions has more turnover than back-of-house departments there will probably be a lot of newbies waving the yellow flashlights. Plus many experienced CMs have left NOS for other areas to convert to full time (absolutely zero openings in NOS/CC).

Personally I will be surprised if the river is open to guest traffic in early summer. The priority is getting Fan!! ready to open. With the changes in the show and so many new people, it is essentially mounting a brand new show. It's not like re-mounting ACF parade every holiday season or bringing back Pixar or Soundsational.

Old Mouseketeer

That makes it sound easier to have the river and the railroad open sooner than Fan.

I think the difference is that the issues with Fan!! are about rehearsal and personnel, not construction. As I said up-thread, from a construction standpoint, getting the river open for Fan!! is much less work than a) having construction and testing completed for the DLRR, and b) having the back of the ROA show-ready for guests.

Curious Constance

I think the difference is that the issues with Fan!! are about rehearsal and personnel, not construction. As I said up-thread, from a construction standpoint, getting the river open for Fan!! is much less work than a) having construction and testing completed for the DLRR, and b) having the back of the ROA show-ready for guests.
I'm not too concerned with Fantasmic!! But I would like to be able to see the river with new rock work and waterfalls etc.

BrianLo

Original Poster
And She's followed that up with a second video from inside the park.

Right now I'm more fascinated with the changes seen from inside Frontierland and Critter Country. The work on the new northern berm and the Rivers of America is radically changing the views and vistas from inside the park, and I think it's all a huge improvement. The rockwork and new berm and waterfalls and new railroad route make that northern perimeter seem much more interesting and engaging. Thanks Star Wars! In my humble opinion.

I am hopeful there is still a third layer of coniferous trees coming and they add more of a smattering of those deciduous ones up front.

Old Mouseketeer

I'm not too concerned with Fantasmic!! But I would like to be able to see the river with new rock work and waterfalls etc.

I think it will be interesting to see the progress over the next couple of months, especially at the end of Hungry Bear and the new Indian Village, both of which are still pretty raw. It looks to me that the most advanced areas at the back of the river are what will be visible when they refill the river and take down the scrims.

S 2

Could this:
Screenshot 2017-03-27 at 12.37.15 PM.png
sw_lgi_gallery09.jpg
Screenshot 2017-03-27 at 12.37.15 PM.png
Be this?
sw_lgi_gallery09.jpg

britain

Another short clip from a unique perspective. This is the guy who also films from the employee parking structure. Interesting angle, and you can see the buildings getting their infrastructure to handle the cliffs and rockwork that will tower over Star Wars Land.

That tower at the beginning is a temporary elevator of sorts, isn't it? Maybe just for tools?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom