'Star Wars Galactic Nights' special event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

*Q*

If they had Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom and the Star Wars Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, they would absolutely have my money. But without either of those things... hard pass. Without anything like that, it just looks like just another thing that Disney is putting minimal effort into and charge out the wazoo for, and easily get away with it because it will sell out no matter what.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Hmm. Depends on the full details of what's offered. $129 isn't the worst price for what is offered, I suppose.

129 x 4 for a typical family + standard ticket = $$$

Look if TDO can control themselves and limit the the number of people entering the park instead of whor**ng themselves and having no limits like they do with the party nights at the MK then it sounds like a nice time.

I just have a bad feeling about this, and that upcharge events are becoming the new norm for nighttime entertainment.

See what I did there? HAHA Star Wars.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If they had Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom and the Star Wars Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, they would absolutely have my money. But without either of those things... hard pass. Without anything like that, it just looks like just another thing that Disney is putting minimal effort into and charge out the wazoo for, and easily get away with it because it will sell out no matter what.
I am kind of hedging along the same lines. Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom would most likely make me pull the trigger as I will already be down there for Celebration.

*Q*

I am kind of hedging along the same lines. Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom would most likely make me pull the trigger as I will already be down there for Celebration.
I feel like there's a ton of stuff they could do like that to really make the event worth the price, it's a shame.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I feel like there's a ton of stuff they could do like that to really make the event worth the price, it's a shame.
Hopefully sales will be less than expected and they will star adding stuff. Last Tour to Endor was a much better value and it did not even come close to selling out, so I am in no hurry to buy tickets.

JohnD

129 x 4 for a typical family + standard ticket = $$$

Look if TDO can control themselves and limit the the number of people entering the park instead of whor**ng themselves and having no limits like they do with the party nights at the MK then it sounds like a nice time.

I just have a bad feeling about this, and that upcharge events are becoming the new norm for nighttime entertainment.

See what I did there? HAHA Star Wars.

I'm not excusing this but what did they think would happen when they closed off the back half of the park for SWL and TSL? I look forward to these lands, of course, but yep, attendance is dropping off. So they're looking for ways to get back revenue.

Tavernacle12

At least this event in particular seems like its adding value. There's unique meet and greets, shows, atmosphere, and whatnot. I mean, yeah, its a pay version of SWW but... umm... if you pretend SWW never existed it seems like a good idea.
If I happened to already be there I might pay for it, but I'd be paying just for me and the offerings look really fun for me.

VJ

I honestly can't believe anyone could pay for this. They had the exact same thing a couple of years ago for free (with park admission). And on more than just one day.

No, I'm not mad. Just disappointed that Disney is really doing this.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I honestly can't believe anyone could pay for this. They had the exact same thing a couple of years ago for free (with park admission). And on more than just one day.

No, I'm not mad. Just disappointed that Disney is really doing this.
And with attendance so high that paying a couple hundred in addition to park admission for a VIP experience could easily be considered a good value.

By comparison, this event will be a bargain if the attendance is anything like Last Tour to Endor.

Cmdr_Crimson

So it's just an overpriced Star Wars Weekend as a Sporatic one day of the month thing with EMH Mixed in........
lM1Bbak.gif

JohnD

Think I just found the primary reason for it: "It’s Star Wars: Galactic Nights, taking place in the midst of this year’s Star Wars Celebration!"

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...actic-nights/#/drawer=drawerPartyDatesDetails

That's right. SW Celebration is going on at the same time and they want in on the action. They'll be at SW Celebration during the day so why not make the price point higher than 1 day at MK in the evening. Why should downtown Orlando get all the $$$?

SW Celebration goes from 10am to 7pm that day (http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Show-Info/Fan-FAQ/). And what starts at 7pm? That's right. SW Galactic Nights.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Think I just found the primary reason for it: "It’s Star Wars: Galactic Nights, taking place in the midst of this year’s Star Wars Celebration!"

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...actic-nights/#/drawer=drawerPartyDatesDetails

That's right. SW Celebration is going on at the same time and they want in on the action. They'll be at SW Celebration during the day so why not make the price point higher than 1 day at MK in the evening. Why should downtown Orlando get all the $$$?
They did a similar thing the first time Star Wars Celebration was in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom