Star Wars brainstorming...

sbkline

Original Poster
Not sure if this has been discussed, but with all the talk that pops up on here about a "5th Gate", I was thinking a new Star Wars park might be the perfect idea. Have it divided into lands like the Magic Kingdom, with one section being Hoth (just as an example), another section being Naboo, etc. And how about a new resort hotel connected to it? I know we often banter about on these boards about what a good new hotel theme would be. How about a Star Wars hotel, which would be connected to the new park by some kind of train? Port Orleans is divided into Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend, Carribbean Beach is divided into the various islands, etc. So make the new Star Wars hotel divided into different planetary systems (again, similar to the park). The food court could be Mos Eisley Cantina and the sit down restaraunt could be...well, someone else can figure that one out. LOL Maybe make the pool complex like that scene on Naboo with the lake and waterfall.

Okay, I know it probably aint gonna happen, but we can dream can't we? ;)

And sorry if this isn't in the right forum. It's definitely not "news" and since I'm just throwing out ideas, it's not really a rumor either. It pertains to a new park and a new resort, so I could see how it could go into either of those forums, so I chose this one...

cba

I would really like to see a Star Wars hotel, Mos Eisley Cantina, and a Star Wars-themed and at DHS. I think that the DHS Star Wars land is the most likely. Maybe a Star Wars themed coaster. But we won't see it soon with FLE, DHS Carsland, and Avatarland.

copcarguyp71

Not a fan of the idea...no other movie even if it is a series has an entire gate dedicated to it and I think the draw would be limited. SW has a huge following to be sure but not a large enough cross section of society to support an entire park IMO. There is plenty of room in DHS for expansion and it fits perfectly in that park. I keep beating my war drum to fix and update the existing parks before even entertaining the remote possibility of a 5th gate.

I like the idea of having an entire gate that has more of a broad appeal than just one genre and movie. Yes, it worked for Harry Potter but I like to think that TDO does things a little differently.

minniemickeyfan

Cool idea! Our family would enjoy it all. But I think the Studios would be better off if it saw an expansion. I think the Indy show could be replaced as well as the backlot express or at least re-themed. There definitely needs an expansion somewhere though-Star Wars weekends is very popular and I think the tent they have behind RnRR during SWW is out of place.

WED99

The hotel could offer different types of rooms such as....
-Ewok Treehouses
-Deathstar Prison Cells
-Tattooine Huts
-Hoth Snow Cabins
-Dagabah Campgrounds

IWant2GoNow

I agree that DHS needs this for an expansion. I LOVE Star Wars but I don't want it to be completely neglected in a 5th gate. However, I do have a few ideas for an expansion.

-Hoth dark ride, experience a retelling of the Battle of Hoth as your ride vehicle takes you through Echo Base, then out into the cold (A/C) to relive the battle, also encounter Tauntauns & a live Wampa in their natural settings! (AA... soon to be Disco Wampa)

-Endor play area, wooded area with rope ladders & bridges lead you & your little Ewok from treehouse to treehouse to experience numerous interactive play areas.

-Tatooine, obviously for Mos Eisley Cantina restaurant with AA band. Photo op of Greedo/Han booth so all Rebels can take their place of Han Solo *shooting first optional but always welcomed*

-Dagobah themed area where a Jedi training academy show taught by Master Yoda himself (AA). Sword in the Stone type ceremony where a young Jedi can attempt to lift their X-wing out of the swamp using The Force.

My only problem with expanded rides at DHS is it's hard to come up with an idea for a ride that Star Tours 2.0 hasn't already captured. It has speeder bike-type simulation, it has pod racing simulation, etc. I guess using a different medium of attraction can still generate a different experience. I suppose a pod racing ride could be put on Tatooine or a speeder bike coaster in Endor so long as it wasn't a 3D simulator.

As far as a hotel, I'm probably wrong but I doubt Disney would build a Star Wars themed hotel, but if they did, my vote is to build a Death Star hotel. All CM's could wear the Imperial costumes that go along with the territory. Make each floor a different "cell block", each room doesn't have to be themed as a Death Star prisoner cell but could be themed to different movies or planets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom