Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

SWatsi

Good to hear dhs is getting upgrades as well

Btw I don't think the video shown was on ride footage. it was presented as more of a trailer for the ride

Yeah, It'd be nice if there was a few little trailers like this on YouTube etc.. Disney seem to be putting a lot of new videos together these days, so it would be great to keep up entertained in the mean time :)

So when does it go down in DHS? Did they say Oct 2010 - till sometime in 2011?

SirGoofy

FWIW, I heard from a source over on the DIS (not as up to speed on rumors as here, but passing it along nonetheless) that DHS would be a year or two behind DL getting ST2 because of hesitancy to chip in with costs of the update. Has anyone heard anything at all like this?

No, they'll open the same time.

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed. I hope this is the first step in a new Disney decade.

Yep. I think and hope that the Walt Disney Company took it's first steps down a newer brighter path, with this Expo.

Things look like they are shaping up. :) Perhaps they have found themselves again....and collectively this time.:lol:

DisneyCanadian

Pod Racing?!?!?!

That was the worst, longest, most dragged out part of the new movie series. I hate the Pod Racing, it's so boring. If this is the case I will be disappointed.

Star Tours needs an update, but Pod Racing, that's the best that they can come up with.

The Empress Lilly

I don't mind scenes from the prequels thrown in. I just hope the new movie(s) for the ride will be good. Pod-racing could really work in a simulator!

Well not as good as bringing down an AT-AT on Hoth would, but I'll live if there are prequel scenes in ST2.

Will ST2 come to Paris too? Anybody heard something about it?

diddy_mouse

The Star Tours news is very exciting! :sohappy:

Count me in for not wanting an entire attraction based around Podracing. I'd love to see something with the speeder bikes on Endor, the final (space) battle in Jedi, possibly the Hoth snow speeders tossed in there somewhere...:lol:

Hmm...asking too much? :lookaroun

Foolish1

Ya, me too. I wonder why they wouldn't announce a Marvel attraction for DHS for a Marvel Weekend..... :shrug: In my world they would've :ROFLOL:

Because Disney has not yet bought Marvel? Remember, there are still ways the deal could not happen, though highly unlikely. I would not expect to hear about a Marvel Weekends before January at the earliest.

Foolish1

I don't mind scenes from the prequels thrown in. I just hope the new movie(s) for the ride will be good. Pod-racing could really work in a simulator!

Well not as good as bringing down an AT-AT on Hoth would, but I'll live if there are prequel scenes in ST2.

Will ST2 come to Paris too? Anybody heard something about it?

Here's a crazy thought. Just because they show a trailer of pod racing, where does it say this is the only scenario you could end up riding through? What if this is just one of 6 possible locations you may ride through?

I've been waitn for this FOOOOOREVER!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW ... I joined these forums back in '06 specifcally for this one ride. I haven't been on these forums in a while but I'm glad I'm back to hear this news its crazy its almost unbelievable....Disney does listen to its fans.:sohappy::D:drevil:

CaptainMichael

I loved seeing Darth Vader order Rasulo around.

I first heard direct information about this attraction almost 2 years ago. Amazing how long things take to get approved.

JediMasterMatt

Here's another video of Jay Rasulo announcing #II at the D23 Expo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VliPqCf4Z0w
:D

Great find with the video. It shows a much longer sequence than the brief teaser video shown earlier and it also clarifies two things:

- it says at the beginning "every world holds adventure" (showing a clip changing from Tatooine to Coruscant). This confirms multiple worlds and not just pod racing

- it also shows how the pod racing engines get attached to the ride vehicle as it is first getting passed easily and then gets attached to another pod and uses it's engines.

btw - I think the pods seem to be moving a bit slower than the movie for some reason.

SpaceMtneer

An article published back in May '09 by the Los Angeles Times hints to some of what we might expect from Star Tours II. Here's what it says:

"Our source reveals that the revamp will incorporate prequel characters (like Naboo citizens and Geonosians) along with many aliens from the original trilogy (Aqualish. Bith, Rodians, etc). In the action sequence, the Star Tours vehicle is now going to be chased by Boba Fett. C3PO and R2-D2 are still the hosts, and Anthony Daniels will be recording his parts this week. Admiral Ackbar holographically communicates with the Star Tours vehicle. Right now they’re shooting mostly green screen footage, as it is the middle part of the production timeline."

Here is a link to the rest of the article:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/05/star-tours-ride-getting-an-upgrade.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom