Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

Testtrack321

The simulator was really launched with Star Tours and now I think the next generation of simulator experience will be in Star Tours II.

After all, the one thing that makes a true simulator not hold up after repeated viewings is how static the experience is. On a dark ride, you can always look around at the little details. A random simulator is the next step forward.

This will be huge, they're finally taking advantage of the flexibility of computers to make each adventure unique. Laugh Floor has evolved over the years, with new material. Imagine that on Star Tours, Midway Mania, etc.

Mr.EPCOT

I wonder what kind of timeframe within 2011 we're looking at. My guess would be that they'd want to have it open with Star Wars Weekends.

_Scar

I wonder what kind of timeframe within 2011 we're looking at. My guess would be that they'd want to have it open with Star Wars Weekends.

Ya, me too. I wonder why they wouldn't announce a Marvel attraction for DHS for a Marvel Weekend..... :shrug: In my world they would've :ROFLOL:

juan

It seems that the biggest thing is just preparing the film and upgrading the projectors. Implementation shouldn't take too much time. I find that the 2011 date is giving the project more time than it needs.

janoimagine

It seems that the biggest thing is just preparing the film and upgrading the projectors. Implementation shouldn't take too much time. I find that the 2011 date is giving the project more time than it needs.

Unless it's more than just the projection upgrades. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

I'm hoping it's that "One of many beginnings, Middles, and Ends" rumor. I hope PodRacing isn't the main attraction.

I do hope that art means the StarSpeeder 3000 is still in action-and getting awesome paint variants.
Yep...And if it MUST use ALL the movies, I hope it does so tastefully. Naboo has a VERY different feeling from Cloud City, or something.

I think it's a good sign that they're willing to show what is supposedly actual ride footage as part of an advertisement. That gives me hope that there is a whole heck of a lot more ride footage. :D
Indeed!:D

Maybe it will be 20 mins like they wanted back in the 80's...:lol:
This trip.
Awww...It's good that ST is getting this, but another ride makes it into the realm of nostalgia...:eek:
Nothing new for Epcot this time.

Only thing wrong with today, IMHO.:(

imagineer boy

Yep...And if it MUST use ALL the movies, I hope it does so tastefully. Naboo has a VERY different feeling from Cloud City, or something.

Agreed! Like Servo said, I do hope Pod racing isn't the whole attraction (although its not looking like it) but I do agree that they should include as many elements that they can from all the movies. Complete with Akbar's warnings of traps. :D

wolf359

Like I said, Epcot's the best park. It doesn't need anything.

I agree it would be nice to see EPCOT get something cool announced, but on the other hand EPCOT has received so many more new attractions and upgrades in the past few years than either Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, it's nice to see the other parks getting attention.

EPCOT Explorer

Like I said, Epcot's the best park. It doesn't need anything.
True. It's been updated...but look how cohesive FL is going to be. Wouldn't that be awesome in FW?

Agreed! Like Servo said, I do hope Pod racing isn't the whole attraction (although its not looking like it) but I do agree that they should include as many elements that they can from all the movies. Complete with Akbar's warnings of traps. :D
Indeed! :D

ttalovebug

I'm very excited about this "random" theory. How awesome would it be if there were many different films to experience? This has been such a long time coming that I think it's going to be done right.

sponono88

at the expo now

Was st2 also confirmed for dhs?

Jay announced the upgrade during the dl portion of the show. No mention of dhs

sponono88

Good to hear dhs is getting upgrades as well

Btw I don't think the video shown was on ride footage. it was presented as more of a trailer for the ride

This is what I've been waiting for forEEEEEEEEEEEEVER

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW ... I joined these forums back in '06 specifcally for this one ride. I haven't been on these forums in a while but I'm glad I'm back to hear this news its crazy its almost unbelievable....Disney does listen to its fans.:sohappy::D:slurp::wave::ROFLOL::king:

NX2I85

at the expo now

Was st2 also confirmed for dhs?

Jay announced the upgrade during the dl portion of the show. No mention of dhs

I was reading the whole thread with that tiny little detail in the back of my mind.

Yes DHS is also confirmed

Thanks for the answer!

FWIW, I heard from a source over on the DIS (not as up to speed on rumors as here, but passing it along nonetheless) that DHS would be a year or two behind DL getting ST2 because of hesitancy to chip in with costs of the update. Has anyone heard anything at all like this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom