Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

Testtrack321

Pod racing are you serious? Star Tours is going to be infested with podracing and episode 1-3 garbage they just ruined the ride for me!!!!!!

That's what I'm somewhat worried about, but hopefully WDI understands the problems and issues with the prequels and will address those issues.

imagineer boy

Well, it's more of my opinion that I would like to see less 3D and more 2D visual.

2D can be as exciting as 3D, IMO, if it's done right. :)

I agree, I'm not sure if the 3D here is really necessary. We'll just have to see how its used.

Either way, FINALLY Star Tours is getting an upgrade. Looks good so far.

DisneyMusician2

Sounds like its time for a Star Tours Ultimate Tribute......

VERY excited about this, and I don't care if I have to wear 3-D glasses.

Now if they could take some of this initiative and do some clean-up work with the existing attractions, we could have a real WDW slam-dunk on our hands.

janoimagine

Well, it's more of my opinion that I would like to see less 3D and more 2D visual.

2D can be as exciting as 3D, IMO, if it's done right. :)

True ... didn't someone mention a while back, side screens and an overhead screen in addition to the front? That would be a great way to accomplish it without the need for glasses. Some of the 3D films at WDW are in desparate need of digital overhauls, ... cough, cough ... Muppets, Honey I shrunk the Audience ... cough, cough. :D

Mr.EPCOT

I think it's a good sign that they're willing to show what is supposedly actual ride footage as part of an advertisement. That gives me hope that there is a whole heck of a lot more ride footage. :D

Mr.EPCOT

Based on the iconic Lucasfilm "Star Wars" films, the attraction will include immersive new elements that will take guests to many familiar places in the Star Wars galaxy.

I think that's a good sign!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

The Empress Lilly

Thoroughly excited about this!! Yay!

As far as I'm concerned, WDW could open an entire Star Wars park. I'll happily settle for a great new Star Tours though!

I don't mind pod racing. What I do hope, is that the new film(s?) will be emotionally satisfying. The current ST movie is a bit of a mesh. You go on a tour, something goes horribly amiss, you visit some random places, and return to base. I wouldn't mind being dumped in the action, to be part of a Star Wars mini-movie, with a cool and satisfying story.

This announcement brings a great new hope! I'm very much delighted with everything I've seen about it!!

Festivus

The ride video shows podracing, but at the end of the clip your pods break off and you fly out over the crowd towards the sky assumingly on your way to another destination. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a recreation of a scene from each film like another Death Star trench scene from ANH, the AT-AT scene on Hoth from ESB, Speederbikes on Endor from ROTJ, Podracing on Tattooine from TPM, the asteroid scene from AOTC, and the opening space battle scene from ROTS. I don't think the ride will be soley podracing based. Also, was there news of them replacing the line queue?

Festivus

In fact, I wonder if they would recreate the Death Star attack from ROTJ where you fly into the structure and blow up it's core instead of recreatng the trench run again?

Animaniac93-98

Why do we need 3-D images if were looking outside a spaceship through a pane of glass? Do we have open air Star Cruisers now?

But Yay, it's here! Has a closing date for the current attraction been set yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom