Stag and Hen party planning HELP!

DisneyDayDreamer

Hey all! I am helping plan a conjoined Stag and Hen party of 19 guests for September 2018 and I have a few questions.
1. IYO would the 2 bedroom villas, 3 bedroom villas, or cabins be best for a large party?
2. If they did villas they are unfortunately not DVC would they be able to rent points?
2a. How would they go about that and would it end up costing more?
2b. Can you do the dining plan with DVC points?

Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing any advice and replies!

correcaminos

Hey all! I am helping plan a conjoined Stag and Hen party of 19 guests for September 2018 and I have a few questions.
1. IYO would the 2 bedroom villas, 3 bedroom villas, or cabins be best for a large party?
2. If they did villas they are unfortunately not DVC would they be able to rent points?
2a. How would they go about that and would it end up costing more?
2b. Can you do the dining plan with DVC points?

Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing any advice and replies!
1. you have to go by party size. 2 bedrooms hold up to 8 or 9 depending on the location. Grand Villas (3 bedrooms) hold up to 12. Not sure which cabins you were referring to but they all hold 8 or less. You will need 2 separate rooms if not 3 for that many.
2. You can rent points. There are sites like mouseowners.com where you rent directly from the owner or David's DVC rental which is a company. It will be significantly less than rack rate. Usually about 40-50% savings give or take.

The dining plan can be purchased but has to be purchased for all people in the reservation for the entire length of stay and has to be paid for ahead of time via credit card. I will be honest, as a DVC owner the OOP cost for dining plan is not great. You still have to pay tip and if you have more than one drink (next year). Might be easier to just get gift cards or do separate payment for that.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
1. 19 guests would be a tight fit in a three bedroom DVC villa. Kidani Village has 4 bathrooms in their three bedroom (each bedroom has a bathroom and there's one in the living room area for the guests on the sleeper sofas. Visit the DVC website and look at the floor plans for 2 and 3 bedroom villas. Plus, sites like Dave's, Allears.net on YouTube and Touring Plans have videos of DVC rooms. Frankly, you will need at least two rooms for a group that size.

2. Yes, non-DVC members can rent points through several companies, like Dave's. Google to find the names and check the cost per point and policies. Most have a no refund cancellation policy.

2b. Yes, you can purchase the DDP plan when you rent points. But the DVC member whose points you rent must purchase the DDP plan, just as they make the actual resort reservation on your behalf. The dining plan is no different no matter how it's purchased. All three plans, QS, regular and deluxe are available through DVC.

You're going to have a full kitchen. I'd consider preparing some of your meals in your resort room(s). Garden Grocers is an excellent grocery delivery service and the one many WDW guests use. I'd check them out.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

1. 19 guests would be a tight fit in a three bedroom DVC villa.

19 guests WON'T fit in a 3 BR villa. Period. Disney won't allow more guests than the max limit, which is 12 for most 3 BRs. No matter how you slice it, they'll need more than 1 unit.

The Cabins are at Ft Wilderness, and only sleep 6. And aren't DVC. But given that the Cabins are single units and aren't condo style like DVC, these might be a better choice if the party might get noisy. Since you'd have 4 Cabins, you'd at least have a buffer from the other guests.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
19 guests WON'T fit in a 3 BR villa. Period. Disney won't allow more guests than the max limit, which is 12 for most 3 BRs. No matter how you slice it, they'll need more than 1 unit.

The Cabins are at Ft Wilderness, and only sleep 6. And aren't DVC. But given that the Cabins are single units and aren't condo style like DVC, these might be a better choice if the party might get noisy. Since you'd have 4 Cabins, you'd at least have a buffer from the other guests.

I said at the end of the paragraph the OP would need at least 2 rooms with a party that size.....

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Problem with the cabins is they may or may not be near by to each other. The cabins are pretty spread out.

Rooms can be spread out at the villas, but at least you wouldn't need a bus ride to get around.

There are treehouse villas at SSR. Not as spread out as the Ft. Wilderness Cabins. They hold 9 and have three bedrooms, but 3 would still be needed at minimum unless you make someone sleep outside (kidding kidding).

really depending on when in 2018 you are going, you need to do this at the 11 month mark no matter what. You're looking at a lot of rooms. If I dare say, offsite might be a better option?

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
The Cabins at Ft. Wilderness aren't really meant to accomodate 6 adults. While the renovated cabins now have a queen in the bedroom, I don't think the bunk beds changed, other than bedding. Stayed in the cabins with 4 adults. My daughter and her friend slept in the bunk beds, which she said where cramped for them. Her boyfriend slept in the double bed, which was small for his 6'2" frame. I took the Murphy bed in the living room. Sharing the bathroom with 4 adults was a stretch, especially with two 20 somethings that are bathroom hogs. Can't imagine 6 young adults.... And I don't think all the cabins have been upgraded yet...

I'd go for 3 two bedroom villas. Both Kidani and Bay Lake have the extra bathroom for the guests stuck with the pull out in the living room.

It's a Stag and Hen party......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Problem with the cabins is they may or may not be near by to each other. The cabins are pretty spread out.

Rooms can be spread out at the villas, but at least you wouldn't need a bus ride to get around.

There are treehouse villas at SSR. Not as spread out as the Ft. Wilderness Cabins. They hold 9 and have three bedrooms, but 3 would still be needed at minimum unless you make someone sleep outside (kidding kidding).

really depending on when in 2018 you are going, you need to do this at the 11 month mark no matter what. You're looking at a lot of rooms. If I dare say, offsite might be a better option?

I think the adults assigned the bedroom with the bunk beds may have issues with the length of the bed.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member

I was thinking the same. Rent a couple of condos at Bonnet Creek for the Stag and Hen party.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I think the adults assigned the bedroom with the bunk beds may have issues with the length of the bed.
I thought they were standard twin size which most adults can sleep in fine IMO. Then again I am 5' tall so that is not a concern for me LOL. Your larger (maybe 5'10" and above) might find them small.

If 2 GVs are chosen they would need to be booked sooner than later as I've said... there aren't as many of them to pick from.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
I thought they were standard twin size which most adults can sleep in fine IMO. Then again I am 5' tall so that is not a concern for me LOL. Your larger (maybe 5'10" and above) might find them small.

If 2 GVs are chosen they would need to be booked sooner than later as I've said... there aren't as many of them to pick from.

They look shorter than a twin. I think someone your height wouldn't have a problem. Any one 5'5" and taller would.

I think 3 two bedroom villas at either Kidani or Bay Lake are the best option, mainly because of the 3rd bathroom. If someone, um, over-imbibs, that 3rd bathroom will be a blessing. Or condos at Bonnet Creek. Read on Trip Advisor that some hotels won't rent rooms if they find the guests need accommodations for a Stag/Hen party. Disney may think the same.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

They look shorter than a twin. I think someone your height wouldn't have a problem. Any one 5'5" and taller would.
I did some googling and reports of twin size is seemingly correct. Also adults 5'10" were having no issues sleeping on it. Just an FYI for those.

Even the murphy beds at the studios were fine for someone who was 5'9" that was in our party. We tested a bunch of people on them. The little kid won out using it though ;)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
I did some googling and reports of twin size is seemingly correct. Also adults 5'10" were having no issues sleeping on it. Just an FYI for those.

Even the murphy beds at the studios were fine for someone who was 5'9" that was in our party. We tested a bunch of people on them. The little kid won out using it though ;)

My daughter and her friend are both around 5'6" - and they had to sleep curled up in the bunk beds at Ft. Wilderness. Remember, unlike a regular twin, the bunk beds have what in essence is a foot board....

Must disagree about the Murphy bed in the studios. I'm 5'8" - the only one I found comfortable was in the Poly studio. Both WL and GF were too short.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

My daughter and her friend are both around 5'6" - and they had to sleep curled up in the bunk beds at Ft. Wilderness. Remember, unlike a regular twin, the bunk beds have what in essence is a foot board....

Must disagree about the Murphy bed in the studios. I'm 5'8" - the only one I found comfortable was in the Poly studio. Both WL and GF were too short.
Oh no - I mean the bunk beds at the treehouse villas - not Ft. Wilderness! I have no clue about those bunks. I was speaking only for the SSR treehouses. I found someone measured and had 73x39 inches for them edit: usable sleeping space that is.

We were at PVB studios and bungalows when we did the murphy beds. We haven't done a studio (or a bungalow) since. I thought they would all be the same. Hrmmmm....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh no - I mean the bunk beds at the treehouse villas - not Ft. Wilderness! I have no clue about those bunks. I was speaking only for the SSR treehouses. I found someone measured and had 73x39 inches for them.

We were at PVB studios and bungalows when we did the murphy beds. We haven't done a studio (or a bungalow) since. I thought they would all be the same. Hrmmmm....

No, unfortunately they aren't... But that's nice to know about the Treehouses - we've talked about doing another family vacation that would include my son-in-law's parents and someone was going to have to take the bunk beds.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

No, unfortunately they aren't... But that's nice to know about the Treehouses - we've talked about doing another family vacation that would include my son-in-law's parents and someone was going to have to take the bunk beds.
Just proves that Disney doesn't keep things consistent in size if the bunks and the murphy beds vary so much.

We're considering the Treehouses for our next trip so I've been reading a lot on them lately. An odd 3 way tie between them, GF, and WL.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just proves that Disney doesn't keep things consistent in size if the bunks and the murphy beds vary so much.

We're considering the Treehouses for our next trip so I've been reading a lot on them lately. An odd 3 way tie between them, GF, and WL.

Have you looked at a 2 bedroom suite at the GF? Each bedroom has an on-suite and there's a 3rd bathroom and closet for the guests sleeping on the pullout. All bathrooms are the same size, so no "she gets the bathroom with the Jacuzzi tub!" issue. Plus, there are three doors into the suite, one for each bedroom and the living room area, so people can come and go without disturbing others. Living room has a 4 chair dining table, along with a desk and coffee station with a Keurig.

Edit: there are two per floor, if I remember and only Sago Cay and one other building have the suites.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Have you looked at a 2 bedroom suite at the GF? Each bedroom has an on-suite and there's a 3rd bathroom and closet for the guests sleeping on the pullout. All bathrooms are the same size, so no "she gets the bathroom with the Jacuzzi tub!" issue. Plus, there are three doors into the suite, one for each bedroom and the living room area, so people can come and go without disturbing others. Living room has a 4 chair dining table, along with a desk and coffee station with a Keurig.
We'd be doing the 2 bedroom villas through DVC. Since we pay for the rooms, we get the master suite ;). Most of the time it's just us and the offspring anyway so all is good. If another joins they get the spare bed. We may have use for a 3rd bedroom this trip too. I have to wait a few months to see what happens with a medical issue for one to see if a regular resort location would be easier.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom