SSE descent star curtain

Goofyernmost

The thing about choosing your future is that you already do that on a daily basis. While it's a nice little-personalized ending, it just there for a voided space. It's just there honestly because it seems like they ran out of ideas and the budget. I have never in my times on that attraction used that going down point as a moment of reflection, but then again I know my history. While the overall question for the end of spaceship earth is "What advancements can tomorrow bring?" I would rather have them piping New Horzions on the descent.
How can it possibly be about budget. Logic would tell me that to equip every single ride vehicle with a computer screen tied into a central processing place to connect pictures and vehicles, blend them in with whatever future you picked is more then a cheap way of doing that descent. I'm pretty sure a one time setup of a static scene would be much cheaper then that. I haven't bought into the... they ran out of money... scenario so they put that in. It just doesn't make sense. In fact the opposite would have made sense. I don't know if they had additional plans for the descent and decided not to spend the money on it or if they decided that if you put in an interactive screen on the vehicles, who would have the time to look at anything else. I don't think it possible that the screens were a Plan B option. It was planned from the get go.

Goofyernmost

I'm biased because I love how Spaceship Earth was before, but my issue with the video screen is that I feel like it loses its charm when you've done it multiple times. Years ago when I first tried it, I was sad about the ending being different but thought the screen was a fun idea, but now that I know all of the possible outcomes I would kind of rather just sit back and enjoy more of the ride during the descent if I had a choice.
Tell me how all those scenes that you see over and over again not just as predicable. At least with the screens I can make faces and change the looks of the picture. Everything loses it's charm when you've done it multiple times... and I do mean everything.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
How can it possibly be about budget. Logic would tell me that to equip every single ride vehicle with a computer screen tied into a central processing place to connect pictures and vehicles, blend them in with whatever future you picked is more then a cheap way of doing that descent. I'm pretty sure a one time setup of a static scene would be much cheaper then that. I haven't bought into the... they ran out of money... scenario so they put that in. It just doesn't make sense. In fact the opposite would have made sense. I don't know if they had additional plans for the descent and decided not to spend the money on it or if they decided that if you put in an interactive screen on the vehicles, who would have the time to look at anything else. I don't think it possible that the screens were a Plan B option. It was planned from the get go.
What kind of non-fanboi response is that? Get with the haterade program!!!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The whole premise of a Disney fan forum is questionable in the greater scene of things...what's your point caller?

The problem when someone bumps a zombie thread is that most people will start replying and not realizing that it's several years old, leading to confusion. That's all.

BrittanyRose428

Tell me how all those scenes that you see over and over again not just as predicable. At least with the screens I can make faces and change the looks of the picture. Everything loses it's charm when you've done it multiple times... and I do mean everything.
I'm just saying I prefer to just sit back and enjoy the ride rather than create a future where I know the outcome. Obviously I know they're equally as predictable, but to me answering questions when you know what the end sequence is going to be based on the answers is less enjoyable than the scenes that used to be part of the descent. Just an opinion lol

Bocabear

I think their marketing analysis told them that people like interactive things...so people would enjoy doing something while they are on the ride...Since a shooting gallery was not appropriate, we got the build your own future...
though ai will say, choosing your destination at Horizons was truly amazing...loved that!

prberk

So creating a new thread instead of bumping an old thread is preferable to you?

In most cases, yes. It tells me right up front that you have a new thought, and the title is likely to be more specific to the new information.

The reason for bumping such a zombie thread is questionable at best.

The whole premise of a Disney fan forum is questionable in the greater scene of things...what's your point caller?

The problem when someone bumps a zombie thread is that most people will start replying and not realizing that it's several years old, leading to confusion. That's all.

I personally do not like the trend here in the last few years to have long threads with a broad subject as their title. I liked it better in earlier years when there were more often new threads (at least on News and Rumors forum) when there was something new to report, as opposed to having to weed through 147 pages of opinion to determine when some news was included.

That is why I ended up creating that dedicated thread a few weeks ago for news on changes at WDW due to the alligator. The main thread of it was too long to find news of changes to park/resort ops.

I love this forum. So, I am not criticizing the forum as a whole or people's right to discuss. That is what we are here for, and I appreciate Steve for creating it.

I am just saying that I prefer to see new threads that lead off a change in the discussion or in the news. It makes me more likely to open it than I would page 687 of a two-year-old thread that I browsed last week and the week before and had found no news.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
In most cases, yes. It tells me right up front that you have a new thought, and the title is likely to be more specific to the new information.

I personally do not like the trend here in the last few years to have long threads with a broad subject as their title. I liked it better in earlier years when there were more often new threads (at least on News and Rumors forum) when there was something new to report, as opposed to having to weed through 147 pages of opinion to determine when some news was included.

That is why I ended up creating that dedicated thread a few weeks ago for news on changes at WDW due to the alligator. The main thread of it was too long to find news of changes to park/resort ops.

I love this forum. So, I am not criticizing the forum as a whole or people's right to discuss. That is what we are here for, and I appreciate Steve for creating it.

I am just saying that I prefer to see new threads that lead off a change in the discussion or in the news. It makes me more likely to open it than I would page 687 of a two-year-old thread that I browsed last week and the week before and had found no news.
It's almost a d*mned if you do d*amned if you don't type of thing.

People will complain either way.

aladdin2007

During the current descent, I always take my sweatshirt and lay it over the screen blocking out the light and images.
Then I lie my head back, stare up at the ceiling, and remember what USED to be in that decent tunnel....and sometimes catch myself shedding a tear.

-

sad isn't it? whats worse is when it stops and you have to sit there and look at all the dust and grime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom