Spring Training, with a dash of Disney. Live.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's 5:55 and we are already back in our room after a very late lunch, or a mega early dinner. You decide.

This is a new place for us. I think I've heard some of y'all mention this place before. Holy jumping, was it ever all good!

IMG_2949.JPG

Bread and dipping oil. I didn't have any, but it sure looked and smelled good.
IMG_2950.JPG IMG_2951.JPG

Iced tea x two.
IMG_2952.JPG

Caesar salad x two.
IMG_2953.JPG IMG_2954.JPG

Chicken parm? Must be Hubby's.
IMG_2955.JPG

A big hunk of meat (veal this time) with a non starch side? Must be mine.
IMG_2956.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Dessert? Yes please!

IMG_2957.JPG IMG_2958.JPG

Cheesecake and "Chocolate Dream":
IMG_2961.JPG

This is the one I ordered.
IMG_2959.JPG

This is the one I ate. (Well, maybe a quarter of it.)
IMG_2960.JPG
This was so, so, so good! I could have eaten the whole thing ... and maybe even another serving.
I didn't, but just you know, I could have!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We did a heck of a lot of Franklin St. shopping today. Money was spent.

Hubby got three UNC t-shirts, three UNC golf shirts, a hat, a whole bunch of magnets, and a lapel pin.

I actually picked up a few things at Old Navy. We have one the next town over at home, but I've never been. I got two pairs of ankle length slacks, two tops, a cute sundress, and a cardigan.

Hubby is all stocked up on beer (got it at Walmart - definitely not a thing at home) and we are parked for the night.

Tar Heels play at 7:00. Go Blue!

(Me, I'm going to have a nap, then a shower, then pack up for tomorrow. I also have some games to catch up on. My Township has been neglected all day. :joyfull:)

Eric1955

It's 5:55 and we are already back in our room after a very late lunch, or a mega early dinner. You decide.

This is a new place for us. I think I've heard some of y'all mention this place before. Holy jumping, was it ever all good!

View attachment 195871

Bread and dipping oil. I didn't have any, but it sure looked and smelled good.
View attachment 195872 View attachment 195873

Iced tea x two.
View attachment 195874

Caesar salad x two.
View attachment 195875 View attachment 195876

Chicken parm? Must be Hubby's.
View attachment 195877

A big hunk of meat (veal this time) with a non starch side? Must be mine.
View attachment 195878

I've been to Carrabba's several times. I really like it too.

Goofyernmost

We have a Carrabba's about 2 miles from my place. I have been there a number of times. I like it, but, for simplicity I usually tend to just go to Olive Garden which is only 1 mile from me. For a number of years I got gift cards from there, not so much in the last couple of years. Is this the one you went to in Durham?
250px-2008-11-22_Carrabba%27s_Italian_Grill_in_Durham.jpg

They are owned by the same group as Outback!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We have a Carrabba's about 2 miles from my place. I have been there a number of times. I like it, but, for simplicity I usually tend to just go to Olive Garden which is only 1 mile from me. For a number of years I got gift cards from there, not so much in the last couple of years. Is this the one you went to in Durham?
250px-2008-11-22_Carrabba%27s_Italian_Grill_in_Durham.jpg

They are owned by the same group as Outback!
We went to this one:
IMG_2963.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Headed down to Franklin St. earlier today.

IMG_2916.JPG IMG_2915.JPG

A different kitty on the way back.
(Sorry about the glare, but there is a reason why the kitties favour that front window.)
IMG_2938.JPG

That's Hubby inside petting it. He said I should have been able to hear the purring from the sidewalk. :joyfull:
IMG_2940.JPG IMG_2941.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's really good. Not Olive Garden'ish at all.

I thought of you tonight @JenniferS .....we went to the Olive Garden. We hadn't been in almost a year and I enjoyed every bit of it. We both got the tuscano soup, and hubby didn't want to eat all his so I finished it. So I felt like how your husband must feel finishing your food. Then both of us got the Tour of Italy and we each only ate half of it. So leftover tomorrow for us!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I cannot believe how we were permitted to just walk around the Dean Dome at will. There was one guy there briefly who gave me a "hey, how's it going?" while Hubby did his first solo walkabout.

We walked around (together) three times - mid-level seats, concourse, and upper-level seats where I did the stairs level and hubby did the no-stairs level.

My legs and hip are throbbing so maybe doing a couple hundred steps up and down was not my best idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom