MonorailRed

Applebees
tumblr_m9xbrrj1wV1qf8btso1_500.gif

tumblr_mmwweb6dlh1rome1po1_500.gif

Oh, and now you all know why I like food challenges. :p

swedish-chef.gif

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, since ya'll are hungry...here's other things I've made.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits (like the ones at Red Lobster)

12078893953_b4c64328ac_b.jpg

Petros Style Chili

11629802443_c09bcdb881_b.jpg

whatsapetro.png

Just a burger with homemade fries...

12246809423_5362941dfb_b.jpg

Beef Wellington

12263761203_e5bbb6c998_b.jpg

This is what the wellington looked like out of the oven before slicing and plating.

12530455703_0796d454d3_z.jpg

Chicken Parm with house made marinara sauce

12981084224_a394cc1091_z.jpg

Homemade Pizza (everything, sauce, dough, everything)

13525132993_022cd27e3a_k.jpg

All Meat Slice
13524972455_fc4f2ec6a2_b.jpg

Combo Slice
13525099723_989525253f_b.jpg

Bacon Spinach and Fried Green Tomato sandwich with spicy serrano pepper homemade mayo served with Potato Soup
13576496455_f6dc897e33_k.jpg

Avocado Eggs in a Basket (Sourdough with an avocado slice and a fried egg)

13929519821_a48a013f6a.jpg

Hard to explain, but here's what the inside looks like...to give you an idea
13929537062_007bdc5402.jpg

And, remember Vinos Ceasar Salad made tableside from SA? This is it in real life.

12025565385_740f975434_b.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Well, since ya'll are hungry...here's other things I've made.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits (like the ones at Red Lobster)

12078893953_b4c64328ac_b.jpg

Petros Style Chili

11629802443_c09bcdb881_b.jpg

whatsapetro.png

Just a burger with homemade fries...

12246809423_5362941dfb_b.jpg

Beef Wellington

12263761203_e5bbb6c998_b.jpg

This is what the wellington looked like out of the oven before slicing and plating.

12530455703_0796d454d3_z.jpg

Chicken Parm with house made marinara sauce

12981084224_a394cc1091_z.jpg

Homemade Pizza (everything, sauce, dough, everything)

13525132993_022cd27e3a_k.jpg

All Meat Slice
13524972455_fc4f2ec6a2_b.jpg

Combo Slice
13525099723_989525253f_b.jpg

Bacon Spinach and Fried Green Tomato sandwich with spicy serrano pepper homemade mayo served with Potato Soup
13576496455_f6dc897e33_k.jpg

Avocado Eggs in a Basket (Sourdough with an avocado slice and a fried egg)

13929519821_a48a013f6a.jpg

Hard to explain, but here's what the inside looks like...to give you an idea
13929537062_007bdc5402.jpg

And, remember Vinos Ceasar Salad made tableside from SA? This is it in real life.

12025565385_740f975434_b.jpg

winnie-the-pooh-honey.jpg

mharrington

You warm-up challenge is to design a food cart. Yes, a simple, ordinary food cart. But we are imagineers! We can't simply plop a man into an area and tell him to sell food, we must build him an abode and appropriately theme it. For this competition I want:

A location
A backstory/theme (work them together, make it cohesive)
What will be served
And why you chose what you chose

I'm not really good at creating a backstory here. Does it have to be in WDW or can it be in, say, Disneyland?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Like I said, I'm not very good at coming with ideas at the last second. I'm a whole lot more familiar with Disneyland than I am with WDW.
That's fine, but this isn't a mandatory challenge for the comp. You don't have to crush something out for this one.

It's an individual challenge, the comp itself will involve teams. I wouldn't worry about it.

@LittleGiants16 is the host of the comp, and he's made it clear that it's WDW based unless specifically mentioned in the challenge.

So, poke around on the maps of WDW. The challenge doesn't require detailed knowledge. It's merely a neat idea for a snack cart. No idea is bad. The backstory of the parks is very similar, or you can make up your own.

If you want some advice for how to translate a Disneyland idea to WDW...

1) Disneyland is very much like Magic Kingdom at WDW.
2) California Adventure is very much like Hollywood Studios at WDW.

Maybe that can help?

mharrington

That's fine, but this isn't a mandatory challenge for the comp. You don't have to crush something out for this one.

It's an individual challenge, the comp itself will involve teams. I wouldn't worry about it.

@LittleGiants16 is the host of the comp, and he's made it clear that it's WDW based unless specifically mentioned in the challenge.

So, poke around on the maps of WDW. The challenge doesn't require detailed knowledge. It's merely a neat idea for a snack cart. No idea is bad. The backstory of the parks is very similar, or you can make up your own.

If you want some advice for how to translate a Disneyland idea to WDW...

1) Disneyland is very much like Magic Kingdom at WDW.
2) California Adventure is very much like Hollywood Studios at WDW.

Maybe that can help?

Not really. I had originally thought maybe of something for Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland, but there is no such land at WDW anymore. And besides, I thought we couldn't just plop it down on the map. You seem to be indicating just using the map. I thought it had to physically fit in with room to move around.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Not really. I had originally thought maybe of something for Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland, but there is no such land at WDW anymore. And besides, I thought we couldn't just plop it down on the map. You seem to be indicating just using the map. I thought it had to physically fit in with room to move around.
Well, I don't know your idea. So, I really can't (and won't) comment on how well it would carry over.

But, if you intended Toontown, yes, it no longer exists at Disney, but there's no reason why it wouldn't fit in Fantasy Fair, I suspect, which is still largely classic Toon oriented, and certainly lacks anything food oriented.

If not, there's always Hollywood Studios, which is so screwed up with general theme anymore that pretty much anything fits pretty much anywhere. :p

mharrington

Well, I don't know your idea. So, I really can't (and won't) comment on how well it would carry over.

But, if you intended Toontown, yes, it no longer exists at Disney, but there's no reason why it wouldn't fit in Fantasy Fair, I suspect, which is still largely classic Toon oriented.

If not, there's always Hollywood Studios, which is so screwed up with general theme anymore that pretty much anything fits pretty much anywhere. :p

Well, I had originally thought of doing something with something with Goofy. That was what I had originally planned to do at Disneyland. But since this has to be part of WDW, I was stuck. I had no idea where to go. I had even thought of something for Storybook Circus, but Goofy already has his own attraction, and there are already numerous appropriate-themed carts over there. The only other alternative was something with the Seven Dwarfs in front of the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train (maybe bratwurst). But I don't know if there's any room for it anywhere. And since no one is going to comment on it and help me, I'm trapped. I already said I'm not very creative, especially with doing things others want me to do.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, I had originally thought of doing something with something with Goofy. That was what I had originally planned to do at Disneyland. But since this has to be part of WDW, I was stuck. I had no idea where to go. I had even thought of something for Storybook Circus, but Goofy already has his own attraction, and there are already numerous appropriate-themed carts over there. The only other alternative was something with the Seven Dwarfs in front of the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train (maybe bratwurst). But I don't know if there's any room for it anywhere. And since no one is going to comment on it and help me, I'm trapped. I already said I'm not very creative, especially with doing things others want me to do.
I don't see why a cart outside of Great Goofini would be a bad idea. Type it up and see where it lay?

mharrington

I don't see why a cart outside of Great Goofini would be a bad idea. Type it up and see where it lay?

But at Storybook Circus, Goofy is an acrobat. How can the cart be themed to Goofy if that's the case? Wouldn't that be sort of contradictory? And what do you mean by "where it lay"?

I can't really find any good overhead shots of the area. The best I could find is this:
storybook-circus-stroller-parking-photo.jpg

There's really no room for a themed food cart here, certainly not without having to sacrifice some carefully-created stroller parking.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
But at Storybook Circus, Goofy is an acrobat. How can the cart be themed to Goofy if that's the case? Wouldn't that be sort of contradictory? And what do you mean by "where it lay"?

I can't really find any good overhead shots of the area. The best I could find is this:
storybook-circus-stroller-parking-photo.jpg

There's really no room for a themed food cart here, certainly not without having to sacrifice some carefully-created stroller parking.
I've been there, there is plenty of room for a themed food cart. Either across from the entrance to the Goofini coaster (near the train station) and many other places.

As far as theme, he's shown as being Goofy first, and a very bad acrobat second. A themed cart wouldn't hurt that at all.

Also, that picture you have is VERY old. Walls are still up around Casey.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'll put it this way, I've been to Disneyland once, exactly once in my entire life, and that was last year, but I bet I could design something that would work there (and I have). Stop looking for reasons why your idea WON'T work, and start looking for reasons why it could!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Also, if you want overhead shots (since you seem rather new to this) just use Google maps and capture screen shots.

Ctrl-Prnt Screen if you are using a PC, then paste it into Paint or whatever graphics program you have and run with it.

mharrington

I've been there, there is plenty of room for a themed food cart. Either across from the entrance to the Goofini coaster (near the train station) and many other places.

As far as theme, he's shown as being Goofy first, and a very bad acrobat second. A themed cart wouldn't hurt that at all.

Also, that picture you have is VERY old. Walls are still up around Casey.

Like I said, that picture is the best I could find, because there are no other pictures I could really find. The only other alternative to Goofy is to do one themed to the train, but again, there has to be a backstory to that, and I'm not very good at coming up with that kind of thing on my own.

I'll put it this way, I've been to Disneyland once, exactly once in my entire life, and that was last year, but I bet I could design something that would work there (and I have). Stop looking for reasons why your idea WON'T work, and start looking for reasons why it could!

I'm not looking for reasons WHY it won't or could work, but HOW. That's what this boils down, too, is how.

And you're right, I've never used Google Earth to sites like these before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom