Spots to get away from it all

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
We are an eclectic group traveling next week to WDW. There are 4 of us - a heavy metal listening photographer, an eye rolling (though mostly well behaved) 13 year old, a sentimental crier over all things Disney or Christmas (the combination of which may cause her tear ducts to explode) and a super funny friend who will need some time on her own.

The friend will need some time to relax, get away from stress and even maybe do some meditation/yoga. She will be enjoying the parks with us much of the time but I know she may need a little space from time to time.

I called Disney to see of Yoga was offered anywhere and was told that they used to do it on the beach at our resort which would have been great but they stopped quite a while ago.

So what are your favourite places to get away from it all? We are staying at Beach Club Villas so I have already suggested the beach, the walking path and the quiet pool but I'm open to other suggestions at the resort and in the parks.

laynalee07

I love to sit in the Wilderness Lodge lobby in front of the fire with a good book, or just to take in the scenery and people watch.
Also, like to go sit and relax back in the United Kingdom pavilion. Nice and peacefully when the band isn't playing, but I also enjoy when they are playing as well! :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Since you are at the beach club, there is a room off the main lobby that is often empty. I think it is called the atrium or something. It has some nice places to sit, and is light and airy.

epcotisbest

My favorite spot in all of WDW is Hidden Springs Pool at the villas at Wilderness Lodge. Very quiet and peaceful, especially on Monday mornings when most everyone else is at a park.

Clamman73

Beachclub.jpeg

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
I would tell you, then I'd have to kill you. Those places are beyond TOP SECRET. If we wrote about them, they would not be secret anymore, nor would they be quiet.

Ha ha contrary to popular belief the amount of people on this board represents a speck of dust on a grain of sand at the Polynesian beach compared to the amount of people at the parks. No worries. I have a pretty good list for an 8 day stay.

StageFrenzy

Ha ha contrary to popular belief the amount of people on this board represents a speck of dust on a grain of sand at the Polynesian beach compared to the amount of people at the parks. No worries. I have a pretty good list for an 8 day stay.
People Talk... I have said too much. Oh hi strange person with night vis..............................................

George Lucas on a Bench

For meditating, I recommend the alcove between the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and the Adventure Outpost, where you will find the tank from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
I have my places, some no longer exist though. Seems more and more of these quiet places are being transformed to meet and greet areas or are being removed totally.

I know what you mean. I had a few that disappeared over the years as well. I hope that Disney realizes that spots to rest for a bit can recharge you enough to keep going. Part of the enjoyment for me is a short rest. I find some pavilions in the world showcase good for that.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We are an eclectic group traveling next week to WDW. There are 4 of us - a heavy metal listening photographer, an eye rolling (though mostly well behaved) 13 year old, a sentimental crier over all things Disney or Christmas (the combination of which may cause her tear ducts to explode) and a super funny friend who will need some time on her own.

The friend will need some time to relax, get away from stress and even maybe do some meditation/yoga. She will be enjoying the parks with us much of the time but I know she may need a little space from time to time.

I called Disney to see of Yoga was offered anywhere and was told that they used to do it on the beach at our resort which would have been great but they stopped quite a while ago.

So what are your favourite places to get away from it all? We are staying at Beach Club Villas so I have already suggested the beach, the walking path and the quiet pool but I'm open to other suggestions at the resort and in the parks.

It's unfortunate that Disney no longer offers yoga at any of the resorts. But would your friend be interested in some pampering to de-stress? If so, she should check into the services available at your resort. Won't be cheap, but who can resist a nice massage and a mani-pedi.

I find walking some of the lesser used paths around the resort to be a nice breather. Or using a soothing bath bomb I purchased at Basin to take a "Calgon" moment while everyone else is at a park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom