SPLITSVILLE

D

Deleted member 107043

Welp, I guess they won't be re-purposing the HOB building for Splitsville....

DLU-Jan-30-FUT-22.jpg

SSG

Original Poster
Splitsville update in the parks blog

adhf234.jpg

Fri, June 30, 2017

Regular visitors to the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort may already have observed the ongoing stages of construction for Splitsville Luxury Lanes, a family-friendly restaurant with a unique combination of dining, bowling and live entertainment scheduled to open this winter.

Now it’s time to really start thinking about how we’re going to rock (with the live entertainment) and roll (on the Splitsville lanes). Above, we have an illustration of what Splitsville Luxury Lanes will look like when it welcomes its first guests.

The development team is creating a spectacular environment which will fuse modern and retro elements for a lively yet comfortable atmosphere to please guests of all ages. The 40,000-square-foot, two-story facility will be brightened with floor-to-ceiling windows, ample outdoor seating in an expansive patio overlooking Downtown Disney District, two state-of-the-art kitchens, and live entertainment daily.

Like its counterparts throughout the U.S.A., Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Downtown Disney District will be a dynamic recreation destination offering a unique combination of dining, drinks, bowling and entertainment. Features include 20 bowling lanes interspersed throughout the location, four dining areas (indoors and out), two billiards tables, more than 25 flat screen TVs, and the ability to host both live performers and DJs.

The eclectic Splitsville menu will mix lane favorites like hand-tossed pizza and gourmet burgers with chef-driven specialties like grilled avocado with ahi tuna and filet sliders.

And later this year, when the time comes for rockin’ and rollin’ at the newest Downtown Disney District destination, you should try a Splitsville specialty … fresh-rolled sushi, including the signature Splitsville “Fantasy Roll.”

SSG

Original Poster
I still think bowling is a weird thing to put in at DLR, but more food options are certainly welcome.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I personally think it'll still be empty within a year or two of opening. I just don't see a big market for tourists who want to go to this place while at DLR. And since its inside the "Disney Security" bubble I doubt locals will want to traverse through security to go either.

But hey what do I know, maybe it'll be packed every night for the next 10 years....

D

Deleted member 107043

I just don't see a big market for tourists who want to go to this place while at DLR.

I'm a tourist and plan to make a beeline to this joint the next time time I'm there. A new dining spot with a full service bar and good sushi? Inside DLR within walking distance of Sleeping Beauty Castle? All housed in a stylish mid-century wonderland? Other than the prices, which I'm sure will be outrageous, it all sounds great to me.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm a tourist and plan to make a beeline to this joint the next time time I'm there. A new dining spot with a full service bar and good sushi? Inside DLR within walking distance of Sleeping Beauty Castle? All housed in a stylish mid-century wonderland? Other than the prices, which I'm sure will be outrageous, it all sounds great to me.

Well that's one, all they need is a constant flow of millions of others and then they will be profitable.

I still don't see it. I highly doubt it'll be packed every night after the first couple of months. I went by recently one of our local new "upscale" alleys that opened in the last year here in the bay area on a Friday night. The place was dead except for a corporate event which had maybe 25 people. This place was busy all the time when it first opened. But then the "newness" wore off and people went elsewhere.

That is what I can see happen here. It'll be busy for the first couple months because its "new", but then the aura of "new" will wear off and it'll be a ghost town at least on the bowling side. Maybe the restaurant and "live entertainment" will keep them packed in.

But again like I said what do I know, it might be a smash hit that never dies...

D

Deleted member 107043

I bet it will be popular. When you need a break from the parks and heat, it'll be a great place to go and do something different. There isn't much to do in DTD other than shop or eat, so this adds another alternative.

I just checked out House of Blues Anaheim's website and they now have a drag queen brunch featuring one of the stars of Rupaul's Drag Race! I really hate that DLR lost this live entertainment venue. It would have been great if they could have kept HOB and added Splitsville in the adjacent vacant lot.

Curious Constance

I just checked out House of Blues Anaheim's website and they now have a drag queen brunch featuring one of the stars of Rupaul's Drag Race! I really hate that DLR lost this live entertainment venue. It would have been great if they could have kept HOB and added Splitsville in the adjacent vacant lot.
I bet the drag bar next to Little Boy Blue hotel is going to hate that competition!!!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You could be right, but it isn't likely that your local upscale alley has close to 20 million people passing through annually practically at its doorstep.

Its right on a main road right down the street to the new Apple campus and next door to a mall. So with the mall (which is getting a complete upgrade), Apple, a fairly new housing/condo complex, and all the businesses around it I would say there is likely close to if not more than what goes through DTD every year. Silicon Valley has over 1 million residents by itself, not including those that travel into and out of the region for business, travel, or commute in for work.

Like I said it could be a smash hit. But I wouldn't be surprised if its a miss as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Its right on a main road right down the street to the new Apple campus and next door to a mall. So with the mall (which is getting a complete upgrade), Apple, a fairly new housing/condo complex, and all the businesses around it I would say there is likely close to if not more than what goes through DTD every year. Silicon Valley has over 1 million residents by itself, not including those that travel into and out of the region for business, travel, or commute in for work.

Like I said it could be a smash hit. But I wouldn't be surprised if its a miss as well.

I live in the Bay Area and occasionally work in Silicon Valley. In fact I was in Palo Alto yesterday. Sure there's plenty of automobile traffic there, but nothing like the daily foot traffic I've seen at DLR/Anaheim Resort. Maybe Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, or Chinatown in SF, but not Silicon Valley.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom