Splitsville bowling moving into Downtown Disney West Side

GatorGuy

Okay, thank you.
The Splitsville where I live, is very nice, I have only been once, it's open upto very late, usually 3 am, and after 8pm it is strictly 21+ and dress code is enforced. The interior is absolutely beautiful and the food was decent and not that expensive, from what I remember the most expensive dish was around $20.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I applaud your optimism. So far I've seen 2 announcements this month for things that do not appeal to me. Though I welcome the announcement of Splitsville much more than the announcement of Apricot Lane or whatever it is.
Same here. The musical chairs game the existing stores have been playing and Apricot Lane have not appealed to me but at least a new store is good news. Splitsville will be place I will actually go and will add the the sorely lacking entertainment options at DTD. You can only go into the same stores and look at the same products so many times.

As long as it actually gets built. :lookaroun
Quite true. Like you I will believe it when the place actually opens.

diddy_mouse

Very interesting indeed...

I have one of these in my town and it's actually a nice place. Not sure what type of prices they'll have at the (potential) DTD location, but when I went on a Sunday after 4pm it was $3.50 a game and shoe rentals were $2. You do have the potential to win a free game when you play (it happened to my brother!) The food is overpriced but it's a neat environment and the music was fun. I love the concept of a dress code and 21+ at night.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Sounds a lot like Lucky Strike bowling. We have one up in my general area, has bowling, a lounge, billiards, ping pong, a restaurant. It is nice. But, like Devoy said, there are far too few lanes to accommodate the amount of people who are typically looking to bowl. On the weekends, unless you have a reservation, a 2 hour wait is a minimum.

The Virgin store is HUGE though, so maybe that will make for more lanes, and therefore a better experience. If this is the case, I wholly support this addition. It is exactly the kind of after hours experience that is needed.

I know some will complain that it is 3rd party, and I can see how you might want WDI involved to give a very unique and Disney take on this concept. But, that is just very unrealistic at this time. So, I'll take what we can get.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good to hear. What ever happened with the bowling stadium at WWoS?

It was a third party who got into difficulty and the project went down with them. I personally feel this type of offering is much better done at DTD. WWoS just doesn't get the same guest flow.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was a third party who got into difficulty and the project went down with them. I personally feel this type of offering is much better done at DTD. WWoS just doesn't get the same guest flow.
Agreed. In all my years of going to WDW I have never had the need to set foot at WWoS.

devoy1701

Just some extra insight....a regular game costs $5.95-$6.95 per person to bowl...I think kids are cheaper though I don't have any so I don't know the price. Shoe rentals at ours are about $3.50.

When I go bowling (it's been awhile...) we usually do 2-3 games in one night...so for 2 people it will cost us $35-40 if you're not eating or drinking which isn't too bad I guess, though about twice the price of a regular bowling alley in our area. A family of 4 would be $50-60 not including food.

Our local Splitsville has 10 lanes (i think) and it's located a mile from Downtown. I imagine Disney's will be bigger, but there is quite a long wait to be able to bowl (if you ever get to)!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just some extra insight....a regular game costs $5.95-$6.95 per person to bowl...I think kids are cheaper though I don't have any so I don't know the price. Shoe rentals at ours are about $3.50.

When I go bowling (it's been awhile...) we usually do 2-3 games in one night...so for 2 people it will cost us $35-40 if you're not eating or drinking which isn't too bad I guess, though about twice the price of a regular bowling alley in our area. A family of 4 would be $50-60 not including food.

Our local Splitsville has 10 lanes (i think) and it's located a mile from Downtown. I imagine Disney's will be bigger, but there is quite a long wait to be able to bowl (if you ever get to)!

That is actually a good price compared to what I am used to in England. If that pricing holds, and the capacity is there, I'm sure it will be incredibly popular.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Agreed. In all my years of going to WDW I have never had the need to set foot at WWoS.
I have been there twice. Once to pick up my race packet and the next day to start the Wine and Dine.

Other than that, unless I make a Braves training camp game one day, WWoS is useless to me.

Back to the topic at hand, I dont mind the idea of Splitsville and think it will create some buzz. I would go check it out over on the West side. I havent had a reason to go over there in years.

CaptainShortty

I'm really excited about this. Although I'm still confused on what exactly DTD/PI is going to be made of I think this is a fun addition to the World. It'll be great to have another rainy day activity other than Disneyquest or the movie theater and I'm happy there will now be another 21+ place on property. (Pending they're staying with the 21+ after 8PM rules like the other one). I def. think this is a great addition.

WDWmazprty

That is actually a good price compared to what I am used to in England. If that pricing holds, and the capacity is there, I'm sure it will be incredibly popular.

Remembering how big the Virgin store was, how many lanes do you think will actually be put there, or could be put there?

I'm assuming they'll want to make it a bigger than normal bowling alley.

devoy1701

I'm curious to how reservations will work. As I (and someone else mentioned) if you don't have a reservation you could be waiting all night and never get to bowl. I wonder if Disney will run a reservation system for this as well (which might not be too bad actually).

Dads 2 Boys

I assume it's "regular" bowling and not candlestick? I've never heard of it before but it looks nice. And to those of you that pay upwards of $6 a game......damn!!! In NY, even the expensive places are only $4.00-$4.50.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom