Split stay with FP? Question

JChoma

Original Poster
On our last WDW trip (April 2016), we stayed offsite the first 5 days and onsite the last 2.
I assumed I could book Fast Passes 60 days out only for the 2 days we stayed onsite, and would have to book Fast Passes for the offsite portion of our trip 30 days out.

But that wasn't the case. The system allowed me to book Fast Passes for our entire trip, even the days we stayed offsite, 60 days in advance.

Was this just a fluke? We're booked for a week in Nov-Dec this year and am thinking of staying offsite for part of our trip to offset costs. If we stay onsite the last few days of our trip, do you think the system will allow us to make FP reservations for our whole week 60 days out again?

CaptainAmerica

It's not really how it's supposed to work, but yes, that's how it works in practice. The check-in is what "unlocks" the 60 day window and then your length of ticket determines how many days of FP+ you can book.

You could, in theory, book an onsite reservation at 60 days, make all your Fastpasses, then cancel the room and keep your FP+s. But that would be dishonest.

JChoma

Original Poster
It's not really how it's supposed to work, but yes, that's how it works in practice. The check-in is what "unlocks" the 60 day window and then your length of ticket determines how many days of FP+ you can book.

You could, in theory, book an onsite reservation at 60 days, make all your Fastpasses, then cancel the room and keep your FP+s. But that would be dishonest.
Ok, thanks. I definitely wouldn't do that, and we'll probably be on site our whole trip. But, it's hard not to consider other options with all the planned construction at the CSR (where we are booked).

Disneyfamily4

It wasn't a fluke, it has worked this way since the system started. We stay our first week in a house off site, then the 2nd week we stay in a resort. This year, as well as years past, as soon as the 60day window opens for the resort part of our trip, we were allowed to plan fast passes for the first week of the trip. Disney is well aware of this and they don't care. Even this year, as we were talking to Disney's customer service as they were fixing issues with our Disney experience, they told me "And remember, as soon as your 60-day window opens up, you will be allowed to book fast passes for the remainder of your 10-day park hopper, either before or after your stay in the resort".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom