Split Stay and ADRs

DisneySpring

Original Poster
Quick question:. If you have a stay with two reservations, does that mean you have two different days for when you can start booking ADRs? We are checking in November 10th and then check-in on our second reservation on November 15th. Can I book ADRs for the whole trip based on the November 10th check-in? Or do I need to wait until 180 days for the second reservation?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes you have 2 different days to book your 180 days out. I have done many split stays and had to to the first reaervation and all its days, then had to get back online however many days later to do all the reservations for our second reservation. :)

TheMouseFan

Quick question:. If you have a stay with two reservations, does that mean you have two different days for when you can start booking ADRs? We are checking in November 10th and then check-in on our second reservation on November 15th. Can I book ADRs for the whole trip based on the November 10th check-in? Or do I need to wait until 180 days for the second reservation?
You should be able to make them all at one time. You will just have to call because the computer doesn't recognize the split stay. We did this in June 2014 with 1 night at WDW, then a cruise, then 5 more nights at WDW. If you plan to use a dining plan to pay for any pre-pay meals, then you will have to wait for the 180 day mark from the second check-in date, otherwise, they can all be made at once.

DisneySpring

Original Poster
Just in case anyone else is wondering, I called today, and they told me I have to wait for the second check-in date to do the ADRs for the second half of my trip. Not a big deal, but just something to be aware of, if you have a split stay.

Weather_Lady

Just in case anyone else is wondering, I called today, and they told me I have to wait for the second check-in date to do the ADRs for the second half of my trip. Not a big deal, but just something to be aware of, if you have a split stay.

Thanks for the update!

I'm planning a potential split stay myself and I'm almost tempted to make a "dummy" onsite room-only reservation covering the same dates as our split stay (once it's booked), solely for the purpose of being able to make ADRs and FP+ for the whole trip at one time (and then canceling the dummy room reservation, penalty-free, once those are made) -- the better to make sure that I can make a decent dinner reservation for my daughter's birthday, which happens to fall during the second half of the split. It's ridiculous for WDW to, in effect, penalize onsite guests who stay in more than one resort, by denying them access to ADRs and FP+ during the very booking windows that it promises in all its advertising for those staying onsite (none of which ever warns guests, "...but only if you don't switch to another onsite hotel"). But I realize it's really an IT-not-keeping-up issue, as opposed to a Disney-doesn't-like-split-stays issue...

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for the update!

I'm planning a potential split stay myself and I'm almost tempted to make a "dummy" onsite room-only reservation covering the same dates as our split stay (once it's booked), solely for the purpose of being able to make ADRs and FP+ for the whole trip at one time (and then canceling the dummy room reservation, penalty-free, once those are made) -- the better to make sure that I can make a decent dinner reservation for my daughter's birthday, which happens to fall during the second half of the split. It's ridiculous for WDW to, in effect, penalize onsite guests who stay in more than one resort, by denying them access to ADRs and FP+ during the very booking windows that it promises in all its advertising for those staying onsite (none of which ever warns guests, "...but only if you don't switch to another onsite hotel"). But I realize it's really an IT-not-keeping-up issue, as opposed to a Disney-doesn't-like-split-stays issue...

FYI it will only affect your ADRs not fastpasses. I've not had problems booking fastpasses for all parts of my split stay at 60 days out from the first check-in date.

Weather_Lady

FYI it will only affect your ADRs not fastpasses. I've not had problems booking fastpasses for all parts of my split stay at 60 days out from the first check-in date.

Thank you. I had read some conflicting information on that point. (Some sources said that as long as your tickets aren't part of a package, you can book FP+ for the whole split stay 60 days from your first check-in date. Others said that it worked the same way as ADRs and that you'd have two separate booking windows for FP+, even if your split stay was comprised of two room-only reservations and a multi-day ticket that covered the entire length of the split stay. It sounds like the former is the "correct" information... at least until WDW changes it ;).)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom