Splash Mountain with animation off

rsoxguy

I once rode Splash with all of the lights on. The surface of the smaller drops throughout looked really low rent. It was strange, but life went on.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Apparently according to TPR, the ride had not been working for the day and that log started as soon as they re-opened the ride like an hour right before park closing... Which.. Still doesn't explain why they'd let a log go through without ANY animation..

If the ride hadn't been working ALL day, why bother reopening it an hour before the park closes.....just asking for trouble.

CheekBoys

FYI, I rode Splash Mountain a few days before this and it looked great with all water effects in the Laughing place working correctly and all animatronics working correctly.

Brer Oswald

And they call themselves real Theme Park fans....
Pfffttt..!

:facepalm:

How many here can not only sing ALL the lyrics to all the tunes within *Splash Mountain*, as well as mouth all the dialog spoken by all the characters...plus the departure safety spiels?
( Raises hand unashamed )

How many here listen to said Attraction audio loops ( both DLRs and WDWs versions ) from their own collection at home and while traveling....and sing along with all the songs, character dialog tracks, and background music...?
( Keeps hand raised, still unashamed )

Theme Park fan.
*Splash Mountain* fan.
Right here.

:happy:

NOTE: I do not do this when on the Attraction when it might ruin another Guests experience.
Alone in a log ..well..totally different situation sometimes if the mood strikes me.

Respect other Guests and don*t spoil their adventure.
We now return you to reality.
Watch your step, please...and have a Zip-a-Dee Doo Dah day !
I can't believe I've finally found a person who listens to the Splash audio loops as much as I do :eek:

Have I finally met my match???!!!??:cautious:

Figments Friend

I can't believe I've finally found a person who listens to the Splash audio loops as much as I do :eek:

Have I finally met my match???!!!??:cautious:

Perhaps so!
LOVE those various instrumentals used throughout the various scenes.
Such a great score and so many well thought out arrangements of the film's original music.
It's half of the reason why i love this Attraction.

I have two cassette tapes full of nothing but 'Splash Mountain' audio materials from the source, both the Original at Disneyland and WDWs 'countryfied' version.
The rough 'demo' versions of the tunes, the full blown finalized versions of the songs, most of the background music and sound effects, dialog, you name it.
Listen to them pretty regularly, those tapes.
Just yesterday i was listening to the full Disneyland selection i have on a tape.
Marvelous stuff.

I bet you can relate, my friend!
;)

How 'obsessed' am i....?
Well, how about this for a fun story -

When visiting a locally owned theme park with a couple of friends, we decided to ride their typical 'log flume' ride offering.
You know the type...in bright blue troughs and a barely any theming.

As we boarded our fiberglass 'log' and were about to begin our ride, one of my friends made a joke saying that as we go along i should recite the entire ride-through audio and songs from 'Splash Mountain' to make it more entertaining.
So guess what...i did without a hitch.

We had a blast....and it was a hoot to say it all and sing it all while trying to time it right before we reached the log flumes 'big drop' near the end.

Yeah......i'm a freak...
:D

-

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Perhaps so!
LOVE those various instrumentals used throughout the various scenes.
Such a great score and so many well thought out arrangements of the film's original music.
It's half of the reason why i love this Attraction.

I have two cassette tapes full of nothing but 'Splash Mountain' audio materials from the source, both the Original at Disneyland and WDWs 'countryfied' version.
The rough 'demo' versions of the tunes, the full blown finalized versions of the songs, most of the background music and sound effects, dialog, you name it.
Listen to them pretty regularly, those tapes.
Just yesterday i was listening to the full Disneyland selection i have on a tape.
Marvelous stuff.

I bet you can relate, my friend!
;)

How 'obsessed' am i....?
Well, how about this for a fun story -

When visiting a locally owned theme park with a couple of friends, we decided to ride their typical 'log flume' ride offering.
You know the type...in bright blue troughs and a barely any theming.

As we boarded our fiberglass 'log' and were about to begin our ride, one of my friends made a joke saying that as we go along i should recite the entire ride-through audio and songs from 'Splash Mountain' to make it more entertaining.
So guess what...i did without a hitch.

We had a blast....and it was a hoot to say it all and sing it all while trying to time it right before we reached the log flumes 'big drop' near the end.

Yeah......i'm a freak...
:D

-
I can relate, I have a playlist of about 12 songs that are different versions of the songs from the ride...and none of them are their Song of the South versions. I find it so cool how the different versions of the ride have different lyrics for each song. "How do you do?" is by far my favourite Disney song. I also whistle the three songs in my spare time every day. It's awesome that there are others obsessed like me and I'm glad I decided to join the forums.

Figments Friend

I am also a big fan of 'How Do You Do'.
Such a great song to open the Attraction with.
The 'alternative' lyrics ( from Brer Rabbit's perspective of leaving home ) written by John Stone for the Disneyland Original are great.

He also did 'alternative' lyrics for 'Zip-a-Dee-do-Dah' for the finale
Love what he did there lyrically to celebrate Brer Rabbit's return home...and the musical arrangement is terrific.
Enjoy hearing all those Disneyland Cast Members singing for all the critters in the final scene!

:)

-

Brer Oswald

I am also a big fan of 'How Do You Do'.
Such a great song to open the Attraction with.
The 'alternative' lyrics ( from Brer Rabbit's perspective of leaving home ) written by John Stone for the Disneyland Original are great.

He also did 'alternative' lyrics for 'Zip-a-Dee-do-Dah' for the finale
Love what he there...and the musical arrangement is terrific.
Enjoy hearing all those Disneyland Cast Members singing for all the critters in the final scene!

:)

-
Interesting, I assume you are referring to Brer Rabbit and Brer Terrapin's duet along with Brer Rabbit's solo of Zipadeedoodah which is fantastic. Although I overall prefer WDW's Splash over DL's, their finale and Zipadeedoodah are better than Florida. Sometimes I skip to the Zipadeedoodah part of DL's audio loop because it's so spectacular :p

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Speaking of soundtracks, either of you ever heard the Tokyo version? It's a bit odd because How Do You Do is in Japanese, but Laughin' Place is in English and Zip-a-Dee-do-Dah is mixed in both languages!

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Speaking of soundtracks, either of you ever heard the Tokyo version. It's a bit odd because How Do You Do is in Japanese, but Laughin' Place is in English and Zip-a-Dee-do-Dah is mixed in both languages!
Yes I have, it's on my Splash playlist! It is extremely weird and kind of unfortunate because they picked my least favourite of the three to be in English. For some reason, the Tokyo soundtrack is the only way to hear the amazing bluegrass instrumental of How do you do? outside of the rides.

Figments Friend

Interesting, I assume you are referring to Brer Rabbit and Brer Terrapin's duet along with Brer Rabbit's solo of Zipadeedoodah which is fantastic. Although I overall prefer WDW's Splash over DL's, their finale and Zipadeedoodah are better than Florida. Sometimes I skip to the Zipadeedoodah part of DL's audio loop because it's so spectacular :p

Yes, those are the segments.
The main chorus singing 'Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah' during the riverboat finale also has 'alternative' lyrics...instead of '...my oh my, what a wonderful day..' as the song was originally written, the Attractions' version goes '...it's our time for celebratin' today..'.
Just a slight modification made by John to have the tune fit the story they were telling within the Attraction experience.

You may already know this, but the recording session for that finale featured Disneyland Cast Members singing for all the critters that appear on the riverboat and on the river banks.
A 'casting call' went out to CMs to show up at the studio and volunteer their time to sing some verses of the song for the finale.
Whenever i hear it, i have to wonder how many of those Cast Members are still working for Disney!

-

Brer Oswald

Yes, those are the segments.
The main chorus singing 'Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah' during the riverboat finale also has 'alternative' lyrics...instead of '...my oh my, what a wonderful day..' as the song was originally written, the Attractions' version goes '...it's our time for celebratin' today..'.
Just a slight modification made by John to have the tune fit the story they were telling within the Attraction experience.

You may already know this, but the recording session for that finale featured Disneyland Cast Members singing for all the critters that appear on the riverboat and on the river banks.
A 'casting call' went out to CMs to show up at the studio and volunteer their time to sing some verses of the song for the finale.
Whenever i hear it, i have to wonder how many of those Cast Members are still working for Disney!

-
I did know about the CMs giving voice to the critters in the riverboat scene. I thought you were just referring to the changes in the songs between DL and WDW rather than the changes between Song of the South which I was well aware of. Sorry for the potential confusion :p

Figments Friend

Ah..okay.
Yeah, I was talking about the song lyric differences between the original written tunes for the film, and John Stone's 'alternative' lyrics for those songs specifically written for the Attraction.

Disneyland's version and WDW's version both have excellent musical scores.
I personally prefer the 'New Orleans' jazzy flavor present in the Original at Disneyland instead of the more 'country' feel of WDW's.
Both are great, but I find myself wanting to hear DL's more often.

I also like the sound of Brer Rabbit's vocals in the Disneyland Original.
Jess Harnell who performed as both Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox's voice in both Attractions sounded more polished in the WDW version, but more 'real' in the DL version.
He is a terrific voice actor...has done a lot of work in animation voice overs.
Jess is probably most well known for voicing Wakko Warner from the animated tv series 'Animaniacs'.
His first voice over job was Brer Rabbit for DLs Original, I beleive.

-

Brer Oswald

Ah..okay.
Yeah, I was talking about the song lyric differences between the original written tunes for the film, and John Stone's 'alternative' lyrics for those songs specifically written for the Attraction.

Disneyland's version and WDW's version both have excellent musical scores.
I personally prefer the 'New Orleans' jazzy flavor present in the Original at Disneyland instead of the more 'country' feel of WDW's.
Both are great, but I find myself wanting to hear DL's more often.

I also like the sound of Brer Rabbit's vocals in the Disneyland Original.
Jess Harnell who performed as both Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox's voice in both Attractions sounded more polished in the WDW version, but more 'real' in the DL version.
He is a terrific voice actor...has done a lot of work in animation voice overs.
Jess is probably most well known for voicing Wakko Warner from the animated tv series 'Animaniacs'.
His first voice over job was Brer Rabbit for DLs Original, I beleive.

-
That was his first voice over. I feel that his voice really fits the WDW ride because Brer Rabbit is very relaxed and care free in it. His goal seems more like it is to cause trouble for Brer Fox and Brer Bear than his goal in the movie. He's more of a prankster and is never worried until he is actually caught, unlike the movie.

rreading

That was his first voice over. I feel that his voice really fits the WDW ride because Brer Rabbit is very relaxed and care free in it. His goal seems more like it is to cause trouble for Brer Fox and Brer Bear than his goal in the movie. He's more of a prankster and is never worried until he is actually caught, unlike the movie.

Wow guys; just wow!

It is a great ride/show. I look forward to your level of obsession! I'm still at the level of listening fireworks shows/area BGM/and occasionally the main ride songs from The Music of Disneyland box set. I have to watch that I draw my kids in and not turn them off/burn them out, too.

Brer Oswald

Wow guys; just wow!

It is a great ride/show. I look forward to your level of obsession! I'm still at the level of listening fireworks shows/area BGM/and occasionally the main ride songs from The Music of Disneyland box set. I have to watch that I draw my kids in and not turn them off/burn them out, too.
My parents reeled me in at a young age and I surpassed there interest in Disney by a lot. I was only a year old on my first trip to WDW :D

rreading

My parents reeled me in at a young age and I surpassed there interest in Disney by a lot. I was only a year old on my first trip to WDW :D

It's definitely good times! I've surpassed my parents' interest, but they still want to fly with us whenever we go, and even though they would be happy to soak up the atmosphere of the GF, they still want to visit the parks with their family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom