Splash Mountain with animation off

Figments Friend

Wow...apparently a glitch hit right when this particular log was dispatched.
Easier to send them through than do a evac i guess.
Still bad show however, but stuff happens.

Interesting that certain zones with the major scenes of animation had no music at all...while the smaller zones did.

Quite a sight.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Just shows you how much Disney cares about maintenance nowadays /s :rolleyes: I'd probably be stuck between laughter and fear if this happened to me.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Apparently according to TPR, the ride had not been working for the day and that log started as soon as they re-opened the ride like an hour right before park closing... Which.. Still doesn't explain why they'd let a log go through without ANY animation..

Figments Friend

I love that they try to sing the laughing place till they forget the rest of the words!

And they call themselves real Theme Park fans....
Pfffttt..!

:facepalm:

How many here can not only sing ALL the lyrics to all the tunes within *Splash Mountain*, as well as mouth all the dialog spoken by all the characters...plus the departure safety spiels?
( Raises hand unashamed )

How many here listen to said Attraction audio loops ( both DLRs and WDWs versions ) from their own collection at home and while traveling....and sing along with all the songs, character dialog tracks, and background music...?
( Keeps hand raised, still unashamed )

Theme Park fan.
*Splash Mountain* fan.
Right here.

:happy:

NOTE: I do not do this when on the Attraction when it might ruin another Guests experience.
Alone in a log ..well..totally different situation sometimes if the mood strikes me.

Respect other Guests and don*t spoil their adventure.
We now return you to reality.
Watch your step, please...and have a Zip-a-Dee Doo Dah day !

Last edited:

Tony Perkis

I know this video caters to the discussion of this forum, and I'm a broken record about this, but please, do not view and share videos and posts from Theme Park Review.

The head of that site is a 40 year old man child that treats others like dirt, and he actively engages in online bullying to anyone on his forums that disagree with his opinions. I hate seeing online traffic headed his way and him profiting from it.

Daniel Johnson

I know this video caters to the discussion of this forum, and I'm a broken record about this, but please, do not view and share videos and posts from Theme Park Review.

The head of that site is a 40 year old man child that treats others like dirt, and he actively engages in online bullying to anyone on his forums that disagree with his opinions. I hate seeing online traffic headed his way and him profiting from it.
I understand your views on those guys, but, its still fun watching the vids of rides from other countries some of us will never experience. I don't post on their board, so I know nothing of their bullying, but, I do watch them on YouTube. Again, it's cool to watch coasters in pov that isn't always super shaky and is high quality.
To each his own Though. Enjoy the ride man!

Tony Perkis

I understand your views on those guys, but, its still fun watching the vids of rides from other countries some of us will never experience. I don't post on their board, so I know nothing of their bullying, but, I do watch them on YouTube. Again, it's cool to watch coasters in pov that isn't always super shaky and is high quality.
To each his own Though. Enjoy the ride man!
My issue is those guys monetarily profit from their YouTube channel and sell their membership numbers to theme parks in exchange for premium access and special treatment. The are some groups that, in my mind, don't deserve that luxury.

To me, the way they treat people within the theme park and roller coaster community is sickening, and I think avoiding their content for reasons such as that is far more important than whatever weird footage they may capture.

For an excellent alternative, go to Coasterforce's POV videos on YouTube. Great footage, no idiotic baggage attached.

Last edited:

Daniel Johnson

My issue is those guys monetarily profit from their YouTube channel and sell their membership numbers to theme parks in exchange for premium access and special treatment.

To me, the way they treat people within the theme park and roller coaster community is sickening, and I think avoiding their content for reasons such as that is far more important than whatever weird footage they may capture.

For an excellent alternative, go to Coasterforce's POV videos on YouTube. Great footage, no idiotic baggage attached.
I'll check out Coasterforce. Thanks for the hat tip. As someone who isn't a frequent coaster pov viewer, I don't know all about the posters or how they fund their footage....I just enjoy it. But. What you say is something to consider. Thanks man

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom