Splash Mountain Test & Adjust

bearboysnc

Original Poster
Heres some pictures from the DL Splash Mountain utilizing cast members and their families for a test and adjust.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/showupdate.php?id=20020429&page=3

They're running some logs without seats(without riders of course), as well as logs with the new seat configuration (5 seats with seat backs.) AND the old style logs too.

I did a test & adjust many moons ago on DL's Big Thunder, when they converted from hydraulic brakes to air brakes. We had to stop in every brake zone at least once. It took all day.

They only do this type of test and adjust when their almost ready to open. So unless something goes terribly wrong. it should be open by Memorial day.

Contrary to earlier posts... it won't be closed until 2003.

Figment1986

I seem to remember o a rumor on this will be a temporary solution for the summer season, After summer it would close again for a definint seating change. This is only a rumor though, But am glad i live near WDW, They would only need a Lap bar over the logs seating.

DCA Fan

The seating capacity per hour will be cut drastically, but they're rushing, which I dislike. I say that they do it right the first time so they don't have to go back in a few years and redo the ride AGAIN, causing major delays.

DisneyCP2000

If the wait time is gonna go up that's really gonna stink! I just thought of Fast Pass! That'll slow the line down even more. I remember having to wait in line so fast passers could get in first. Well they just kept coming and coming and coming. Standby had to wait a lot longer to get on the logs.

craziebabie1

I don't think SM will be open by Memorial Day. Critter Country is a mess. You can't even get near there. Hopefully it will open soon though. I'm in withdrawl. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom