Splash Mountain refurb

jed012788

Original Poster
The official Walt Disney World website now has Splash Mountain being down for refurbishment from Feb. 1 until March 19. For what it's worth, Stitch Kingdom is reporting the closure will go from Feb. 3 until March 21. Either way, the ride is going down. Let's hope that it reopens in a better state than it is in now.

donaldtoo

Finally. That puppy needs some serious TLC. Hope that time frame's long enough to take care of everything that needs it.

dreamscometrue

That's welcome news. I'm not sure if that 7 weeks is much longer than an annual refurb. I don't know how long a good refurb takes, but I was thinking maybe Splash would go down for 3 months or so. I compare to the time needed for BTMRR, but perhaps it wouldn't need nearly as long as that attraction did. Quite a lot was done to Big Thunder.

djkidkaz

I imagine this is just its yearly refurb to fix up some paint and what-not. Im sure at some point they are planning to take it down to add an interactive queue and fix it up further.

nickcleve

Doesn't Splash Mountain go down for a refurb almost every January or February? And doesn't it always re-open with half the effects still not working properly? Here's hoping they finally do it right for a change.

Yes it does go down every Jan but with Big Thunder being down this year Splash has not been down since i belive Jan 2011.

bgraham34

I was actually expecting a longer refurb than this with all the issues it has been having. On my trip in Dec i was stuck on the attraction for 20 mins and then 15 mins. That never happened to me before.

bubbles1812

Doesn't Splash Mountain go down for a refurb almost every January or February? And doesn't it always re-open with half the effects still not working properly? Here's hoping they finally do it right for a change.

Usually yes and unfortunately yes... How many turtle water feature in the Laughin' Place been broken now considering all the minor annual refurbs its gone thru?

Magikal

Usually yes and unfortunately yes... How many turtle water feature in the Laughin' Place been broken now considering all the minor annual refurbs its gone thru?
Last I checked, ALL of them! I can't remember the last time they were working, but obviously my kiddos do cuz they always rubberneck right before we get there to see if this will be their lucky ride where they'll be seeing turtles 'spit' to each other! Unfortunately, they've been SOL the last few trips.....at least :(

pumpkin7

It's a shame it's not January until March, then maybe it would be getting some serious tlc. If it's just a regular thing then I'm sure we can expect most of the effects to remain untouched.
Makes you wonder what they do during these refurbs. Do you think they just go around and clean all the muck off the bottom of the trench with toothbrushes? Because I'm sure that's all they do, ever.
FIX THE YETI LAUGHING PLACE!

cba

Last time I went it broke down for a few hours. Does it always break down? Thank god they're doing this, I only hope I'm not there when it's closed. I think Stitch Kingdom has the right dates, by the way.

wdw71fan

ride computer system is being replaced with a new one during this refurb... gonna have a quicker 'reboot' time on the mountain in the event of a cascade...
- new computer system
- new paint, same paint as thunder.. much more durable, should last a LOT longer... (ceramic)
- upgrades to lighting in finale
- changes to servo control for animatronics in 2 zones
- track realignment (typical part of the annual refurb)
- other things that I don't know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom