Splash Mountain & Kali River Rapids 2015 winter refurbishment dates

JWG

Ugh, my trip is 1/27 - 2/1 - of course these are closed...
Oh, but there are other rides? No kidding? Who knew.

We really are going those dates for a quick trip - but fully know that these attractions are closed. It's a bit chilly for the river rapids anyway - getting wet in that weather doesn't seem appealing. Look forward to enjoying a lot of Epcot without kids!

PhilharMagician

I've never ridden Kali River Rapids. We go in December ... do you get totally soaked? I'd like to try it next year.

Um, yes if you are in the right place at the right time. Some people will come off of the ride almost completely dry. If you want to get soaked then just sit by me. My own family refuses to sit next to me on Kali since I have been on it probably 50 times and I bet 45 of them I was in the wet seat. They laugh every time.

Chernaboggles

I've never ridden Kali River Rapids. We go in December ... do you get totally soaked? I'd like to try it next year.

You can get every bit as wet as if you'd jumped into a pool, or you may just get splashed. The raft are round and rotate as they go along. When you go down the drop, the raft is pushing water ahead of it and all that water cascades down onto whichever two people are facing completely backwards (and splashing their neighbors, too). The people across from them don't get as wet, but there's no way to control the raft so there's no way to know if you'll be soaked to the skin or just a bit damp.

Disnee4Me

You can get every bit as wet as if you'd jumped into a pool, or you may just get splashed. The raft are round and rotate as they go along. When you go down the drop, the raft is pushing water ahead of it and all that water cascades down onto whichever two people are facing completely backwards (and splashing their neighbors, too). The people across from them don't get as wet, but there's no way to control the raft so there's no way to know if you'll be soaked to the skin or just a bit damp.
Oh I am familiar with these type of rides ... it's just December weather is iffy, we've been there in shorts, we've been their in jackets. As much as I want to go on (because I love this type of ride in the summer), I'm not sure I want to walk around soak and wet for hours on a cool day.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Oh I am familiar with these type of rides ... it's just December weather is iffy, we've been there in shorts, we've been their in jackets. As much as I want to go on (because I love this type of ride in the summer), I'm not sure I want to walk around soak and wet for hours on a cool day.
We went the week after Thanksgovimg and literally rode 6 times straight. They didn't even make us get out of the boat. I didn't think it was too cool but I'm from IL, which can feel like the inspiration for Frozen!

BigTxEars

Jan 24th thru the 31st here, I don't care much for Kali, but Splash Mountain will be missed. But if that is the price to be paid for going in Jan then I will pay it to lose some crowd level :)

officialtom

We usually go in March but are going Jan 22-29 this year because we got a really great PSDS price. Kali is our favourite ride, but it looks like it'll be the only thing we'll be sad about missing. At least 7DMT is open for our trip this year!

flyerjab

Didn't know where else to post this but I saw on another site that the entrance to Kali River Rapids is being relocated with more easy to notice signage. Not a big announcement but another change to add to the long list of projects/work being done at DAK.

noidwork

Not sure where to post this or if it's even relevant, but they filled Splash today and are running test boats add I type. Hoping maybe for an early opening so I can get a ride Saturday, but not counting on it.

Goofyernmost

Well, it's been well over a month so it should be opening on the 31st....According to the schedule..
I'd guess that this would be one of the upsides for doing yearly scheduled maintenance instead of holding off for 5 or more years. It gets done quicker because the thing isn't falling down on itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom