Splash Mountain & Kali River Rapids 2015 winter refurbishment dates

lnsemsf

Original Poster
For anybody traveling during the post Christmas months, these are the water ride closures that happen most every year.

Splash Mountain - Jan 4th-30th 2015
Kali River Rapids - Jan 20th-Feb 4th 2015

Plan you Fastpass+ accordingly!

wmtpcantuat

Glad to see the winter refurbs starting to be announced.
9n.jpg

Jake Wilson

Glad to see the winter refurbs starting to be announced.
9n.jpg
Though it had some "minor" updates it was a very long refurb... The things that they added make the ride fun and new again, I never get old of this ride but this is a refurb that Disney hit on the head perfectly. I would actually consider it a "major" refurb/ upgrade. New trains and a much smoother ride with amazing effects that are not really wowed until seen in person.

OG Runner

This really stinks. I am running the Disney Marathon again this year and Splash Mountain is always closed. I have gone during different times of the year before and love Splash Mountain. Like I said this really stinks!!!

Jake Wilson

Then you will get the peak season hot summer complaints informing us it makes no sense to do this when you can do it in a slower colder (not that FL is ever cold ;) to me) season.

TP2000

Wonder if we will get the BTM mini update like they one in Cali got?

"mini update'? Disneyland's BTM was closed for over 14 months for its update; January 7, 2013 to March 17, 2014.

I'm not sure Magic Kingdom Park operations could handle a mountain E Ticket being closed for over a year. Especially in the age of FP+ where people are reserving 90-second teacup rides 60 days in advance.

Goofnut1980

"mini update'? Disneyland's BTM was closed for over 14 months for its update; January 7, 2013 to March 17, 2014.

I'm not sure Magic Kingdom Park operations could handle a mountain E Ticket being closed for over a year. Especially in the age of FP+ where people are reserving 90-second teacup rides 60 days in advance.

True, but didn't we just have the major overhaul? Couldn't the falling rock tunnel be added in a few weeks? Oh wait, its TDO.. baaahahahahahahahaha

Jake Wilson

I think the new trains threw them off because they weighed more from my understanding. Therefore they had to recalibrate the whole ride as if it were new. It was also an extensive referb for the whole ride to be touched up to look new with the additions they put in.

Jake Wilson

Wonder if we will get the BTM mini update like they one in Cali got?
Though it had some "minor" updates it was a very long refurb... The things that they added make the ride fun and new again, I never get old of this ride but this is a refurb that Disney hit on the head perfectly. I would actually consider it a "major" refurb/ upgrade. New trains and a much smoother ride with amazing effects that are not really wowed until seen in person. I swear I quoted this and not the person below you lol.

toasty

For the first time in forever (pun intended), I might actually get to ride Kali -- will be open for the first 3 days of our trip. Been several times, and it's either been on refurb or out of commission every time.

Chernaboggles

Does Splash Mountain close for a month every winter? It was shut down for all of February this year, and now it's closing again for most of January. Seems odd to close it regularly for that long, is there a particular reason?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom