Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
I was at MK on Nov. 9th with a CM friend and was told that splash has been breaking down regularly lately. I was also told it was shut down because a chunk of the mountain itself had fallen in the flume (ala Tree of Life). When I rode splash, I found large canvas tarps covering the loading area. Also at a few points during the ride I saw black material seemingly stapled to the rockwork covering something. Anyone hear anything about this? Also on the final lift hill before the drop the rockwork overhead was raining water on top of everyone.

Beholder

This is so sad. No excuse for things like this. If it's true that this actually happened, then maintenance and safety standards/protocols eroding to this point is stunning. This is really symptomatic of something far worse, a culture that places $$$ above fundamental practices. I hope this is an anomalous event, and not a new "standard".

Briangwen7

Last week it crashed in to all the boats and had like 10 stops during the ride, every single time we got on it! I Hope they fix it because I really love this ride.

menamechris

Yeah - Splash is falling apart - literally. As was mentioned - from the falling rock in the load area - to the raining lift hill (that makes you feel like the roof could burst open on top of you) - I am amazed they are even risking having it open over the holidays. This is one of those attractions that has been terribly sad - yet fascinating - to watch the rapid deterioration right before our eyes. Nice lap bars, though...

SirLink

So one could argue we are dangerously teetering on the edge of 'Disneyland: The Lean Mean Years Part Deux" lets hope they have management who can drag the resort off the cliff's edge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom