Splash Mountain Effects Watch

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Although it's not as bad as the lack of effects on Everest, Splash Mountain is in a lot of disrepair. Lots of AAs aren't working, among other issues. So here's where we report on it's current state.

As of 5/24:

Hopping Rabbit AA down
First Vulture AA down
2nd Bluebird AA's mouth was left open
2nd Laughing Place drop had technical equipment visible

Anyone notice any other issues?

disneydata

Hopping Rabbit AA down
This is always an issue being the most complicated figure in the ride. It's being worked on.
First Vulture AA down
Figures are constantly taken out for work and are replaced with a non-moving "B" figure. He is being refurbished for your future enjoyment.
2nd Bluebird AA's mouth was left open
There was a problem with that specific movement on the figure, so it was locked open. It should be fixed soon.
2nd Laughing Place drop had technical equipment visible
This has always been like this. It is more visible now due to recent ride control system changes that were necessary for safety. This will most likely not be changed.

disneydata

If you don't mind me asking...Why is he so complicated? He just bounces.:lookaroun:lol:
It's the amount of movement over such a wide area. That and putting all the control and support structire in the small arm that has to move like it does.

He's nicknamed the "Million Dollar Bunny" because it's rumored he cost $1M.

EPCOT Explorer

It's the amount of movement over such a wide area. That and putting all the control and support structire in the small arm that has to move like it does.

Wow.:dazzle: That's insanity. Can't they just put him on a track that goes up and down?:lookaroun:lol:

I_heart_Tigger

and I thought it was a CM holding a bunny on a stick...imagine an 8 hour shift of going bounce...bounce...bounce...back to start...bounce...bounce...bounce...back to start :lol:

castevens

Hell, if you paid me 40 dollars an hour for a 40 hour workweek of holding up the bunny, it would take over 12 years before you ended up costing the company $1,000,000. And the bunny would be active a larger percent of the time than it is now

Tubes

In April, I didn't notice any issues with the AA's on Splash. Then again, I wasn't really paying attention to them and I don't know the attraction like the back of my hand (as opposed to Spidey at IOA). So take that first sentence with a grain of salt.

goodtimes5286

those arent the only issues, there WAY more than that on Splash Mountain. The best time i ever rode it was when you walked in just to the right of the big drop (instead of where you go now) n back then EVERYTHING was working to perfection. I wish i had a good memory so that i could list all of the stuff, but i dont.

The turtle being pushed up by "water" now has an exposed hydrolic lift

in the same area water used 2 bounce from one crater to another

brer fox was being pulled by an aligator but now he just kinda stands there and complains. Also brer bears butt used to go in and out b/c of fox pushing on him, idk if that still works or not

brer bear is caught up in rope and he used to bounce just above the ground and back down, he doesnt do that ne more.

brer frog has a string on his foot that he might have pulled with his toe (i dont remember) but a fish would jump....no fishy fishy.

the waterfall after the big drop (that occationally holds boats) is barely a drizzle

yea thats all i remember for now....

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Ok, so I went on Splash Mountain today and mostly everything that I was complaining about earlier has been fixed. The vulture was working, all of the AAs except for one possum were working. I didn't notice hopping bunny, but I assume he's still down and the drop showing off the electrical equipment has been darkened so it cannot be seen anymore. Yey for being fixed!

jeopardyfish

All of the points initially raised appear to have been resolved...I did not notice the possum not working. I rode multiple times over a week...the Million Dollar Bunny worked each time except when I was first boat of the day (it was immobilized in a very strange position)...it seems unusual to me that that effect would be controlled separately from the main system, but it worked later that day, so perhaps this is so.

Studios Fan

Ok, so I went on Splash Mountain today and mostly everything that I was complaining about earlier has been fixed. The vulture was working, all of the AAs except for one possum were working. I didn't notice hopping bunny, but I assume he's still down and the drop showing off the electrical equipment has been darkened so it cannot be seen anymore. Yey for being fixed!

Good to hear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom