Splash Mountain closing for a 1 day refurbishment in December

Biff215

It typically closes in Jan/Feb for a few weeks every year, doesn't it?
This has become less common in recent years, and closing it in December to plan for a Jan/Feb refurb would seem too close. I'd guess very minor safety and ride control work.

No Name

I generally don't mind one-day refurbishments, because people can plan around them if they care enough to do so. As opposed to a refurb that covers your entire trip.

That being said, I hope they're doing something that is worth closing it for the day.

DisneyPrincess5

One day closure hmmm. I may be looking too much into it but is it possible that they're installing something to prevent alligators from entering and inhabiting Splash's water system?

RSoxNo1

I wonder if this will be followed up with an additional refurb in January or if they will forgo that in 2017. If so, my sister will be delighted as she hasn't been on the ride in years due to the January refurbs.

I've always wondered what they would retheme this ride as eventually. It just seems odd to keep Song of the South characters (for the obvious reasons) and also because kids today and even adults under 30 don't know these characters.

My idea would be based off the Donald Duck Vacation cartoon where he's camping and goes over the waterfall in the canoe.

Donald would fit well into Critter Country/Frontierland. The logs could be replaced with "canoes", and the story inside could be based on the funny scenes of Donald's camping mishaps.

Anyone else have a retheme idea?

RSoxNo1

I've always wondered what they would retheme this ride as eventually. It just seems odd to keep Song of the South characters (for the obvious reasons) and also because kids today and even adults under 30 don't know these characters.

My idea would be based off the Donald Duck Vacation cartoon where he's camping and goes over the waterfall in the canoe.

Donald would fit well into Critter Country/Frontierland. The logs could be replaced with "canoes", and the story inside could be based on the funny scenes of Donald's camping mishaps.

Anyone else have a retheme idea?
No... stop it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom