Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

71jason

I realize this may be an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed my stays at BLT and I loved Top of the World - and am surprised to see it so empty whenever I'm there.

It's a beautiful space, that manages to pay homage to Disney World (specifically Tomorrowland) without being cutsey. But as you say, it literally bans casual guests. You can't do that with any bar, let alone one that huge (it dwarfs Mizners or Outer Rim, "feels" bigger than Tambu), and expect to have any sort of crowd.

The Visionary Soul

Thats the reason the quick service place was rehab'd about a year ago. Wildy Lodge DVC doesnt have F&B options.
Sadly, I can vouch for this. This is how all the deluxe resorts are looked at, at least budget-wise, now. If the resort doesn't have DVC, it's not able to make enough money or keep itself up to the same standard as a non-DVC Resort. This is all due to shared costs when DVC joins the mix. (Yeah, it's generally illegal to do this, but Disney finds a way to keep the minimal main resort operating costs separate (essentially the bare bones budget to run the main resort) and then pushes everything else over to the DVC side... making it perfectly legal)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I realize this may be an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed my stays at BLT and I loved Top of the World - and am surprised to see it so empty whenever I'm there.

I think part - not all - of the problem, along with the staying-on-points thing, is that being up top and needing a chaperone to bring you there eliminates the sort of passing-through traffic a lot of hotel bars and lounges thrive on. You're not going to get a quick drink on your way in or out. And, someone coming to join you from another hotel isn't going to meet you at the bar.
This is exactly why the place is not usually crowded. Bay Lake Tower has almost 3 times as many rooms as VGF. If they can't keep a dedicated lounge full at BLT one at VGF would be a total flop unless they opened it to the general public, but they already have plenty to offer at GF for the general public so no lounge or restaurant.

willtravel

Both systems exist simultaniously. Legacy fastpass still is in place. FP+ is still in beta testing.
Thanks. Just wondering because of the holidays and attraction lines coming up shortly. Just thinking if FP+ was the only thing available what the reaction would be with no notice.....

the.dreamfinder

Her shirt says "You better RED-NECK OGNIZE"

yea......this is why I don't go to Disney World anymore. Why make a better product that is going to attract upscale people when you don't have to do jack and attract hicks who are all too easily parted with their money?
Absolutely, WDW should be the Nordstrom of Theme Parks, not an overpriced Wal Mart.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Any new or expanded Uni info this go 'round @WDW1974?

I will expand on them later on my new thread, but it largely isn't anything we do not already know.

I still am waiting concrete info on this Kong return. Beyond that, everything that you've heard is happening is indeed happening.

UNI will be putting out new product of a significant level every year through 2020. Likely why Bob was so snooty and attitudinal when questioned by an analyst (whose body still hasn't been found!) on last Thursday's earnings call.

WDW1974

Original Poster
With 'Hollywood Accounting' films NEVER go into profitability Titanic, Avatar LOTR these collectively made BILLIONS and officially they are still in the RED!. That's why artists insist on a share of the GROSS instead of a share of the PROFITS (there will NEVER be any...)

I wouldn't go that far, but it isn't all that crazy. My first lesson this came almost two decades ago when Paramount officials tried to tell me that Forest Gump wasn't profitable.

HakunaMatata89

if you want to talk profitable movies, Disney should do a John Carter sequel.

116usjk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom