Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

twebber55

Does anyone else ever think, "Wow, we are seriously arguing about logistics of theme parks in Central Florida while actual issues such as war and extreme violence are taking place all over the world"? Not saying that caring about Universal and Disney parks is bad, but when you put it in a different perspective, it loses it's meaning. I'm just glad I live close enough to Universal and Disney and am able to enjoy the world class parks that they provide.
think this a lot..thats why i wonder why people get so mad of this stuff

spacemt354

Chili's
Need to stay away from WDWMagic more and more... it has become a cesspool of morons, idiots, and know it alls who get a woody for making themselves seem so much smarter than anyone else...

No offense but this comment is very childish to me.

If you're going to disagree with the, as you say, "idiots" on this site, can you at least do it with some class? I'd rather not WDWMagic become a Youtube video comment thread.

luv

Because it's a stupid accusation that has become the lowest form of internet discourse, not just here but everywhere.

It's becoming the new Godwin's Law. The longer a discussion progresses the probability that someone will be accused of being a corporate plant approaches 1.
It wasn't an accusation. It was a question. I didn't know about what you posted, lol.

He replied twice. Both replies were intended to give the impression he isn't paid...but neither actually said, "No, I'm not paid."

When people dance around simple, direct questions, I do wonder why.

lazyboy97o

Being a creative leader is being about creative. It doesn't matter that Walt Disney World only needs to focus on increasing guest spending because they're satisfied with attendance. That's not creative. That doesn't wow and history has repeatedly shown that such a comfort can and does takedown leaders, with them often not realizing until its too late. Pure numbers don't define experience. That's why the Walmart comparison is so often invoked. When you're measuring experience, shear popularity can easily be discounted. Disney became kind their their creativity, innovation and experience; not because they just got the most. Disney has dominated fixed amusements pretty much since July 1955, but that didn't stop their pushing forward. The pushing has stopped at Walt Disney World, the line exception possibly being Avatarland. And that project seems to be happening due only for ego, to leave a legacy; it's been saved because in an act of reactionary desperation they found themselves in bed with Hollywood's most notorious creative personality.

spacemt354

Chili's
Being at the parks themselves or on a vacation or being with my friends/family is my escape from it all. Not these boards, where it can turn into it's very own war zone.

Not saying I don't enjoy posting here, it's just definitely not an "escape".

I agree with this. I don't care what someone on here likes more. Disney, Uni, Sea World, or other vacation destinations. It doesn't matter. Whatever makes you and your family happy is fine by me. Where discussions turn into arguments on here is when people take other's viewpoints personally, because they don't fit their own. Then they let their emotions come into play, and the whole thread then reads like one big mess.

It's a shame sometimes though, because good discussions get going and then they are tarnished by pointless arguments that have no bearing on what I am going to do with my family on vacation. Because whether or not someone agrees with me, it's not going to change what I do, nor am I trying to change another person's perspective. I'll be honest. I enjoy spending time in Disney World with my family. We liked Uni as well, but for us, we like Disney better. We aren't wrong for that perspective. We aren't right either. I wish I had the luxury you do where you can visit the parks more often, but since we only have limited vacation time, we tend to choose Disney over Uni more often, although Uni is making a very good push to get us to come back, especially if Disney doesn't do anything about it.

Geez, I mean there's no reason to start arguing over these opinions. Talking about this stuff is supposed to be fun, thats why I come back to this site. It's not supposed to be an exercise in frustration that leaves this place looking like a bunch of Youtube comments...

jakeman

It wasn't an accusation. It was a question. I didn't know about what you posted, lol.

He replied twice. Both replies were intended to give the impression he isn't paid...but neither actually said, "No, I'm not paid."

When people dance around simple, direct questions, I do wonder why.
It is an accusation though. Just because it was framed as a question does not make it anything else.

It attempts to discredit his opinion by casting suspicions about his motives. It's quickly become a message board staple.

It's beginning to make almost any fan forum unbearable because every opinion is met eventually with "you must be a shill for X".

The bottom line is, does it matter? If he is paid, do you think he's going to tell you? If your case is strong enough then his income source shouldn't matter.

luv

It is an accusation though. Just because it was framed as a question does not make it anything else.

It attempts to discredit his opinion by casting suspicions about his motives. It's quickly become a message board staple.

It's beginning to make almost any fan forum unbearable because every opinion is met eventually with "you must be a shill for X".

The bottom line is, does it matter? If he is paid, do you think he's going to tell you? If your case is strong enough then his income source shouldn't matter.
It really wasn't an accusation designed for anything. It really was a question.

He chose to dance around the question.

stlphil

I do.

I'm nervous, for their sake, to see if they can sustain it. You can't build Potter phase 3-12 for the next ten years. If Potter is a sustainable increase, I'm happy for them. But I'm skeptical that it might just be a temporary bump.

That's a fair criticism. I might agree on direction, but I don't think it's as severe as you imply. I also think good times are a'comin'.

MK needed sit-down dining. They're still struggling to meet demand. I agree that all WDW dining is overpriced but people are paying it and they're filling the place to do so. I hate meet and greets as well but wait times don't lie. *Shrug*

I think I'm just more optimistic than you.

I'm really not trying to be snarky here, but can someone please explain the business model where it's okay to keep building hotels and DVCs so that your occupancy rate (which used to be in the high nineties) has dropped into the seventies, but you keep restaurants shuttered or reduce staffing so your dining "occupancy" is essentially 100%, since a walk up isn't even a possibility?

jakeman

It really wasn't an accusation designed for anything. It really was a question.

He chose to dance around the question.
If Disney, Universal, Six Flags, or anyone else was paying people to post here surreptitiously to bolster their reputation, wouldn't you think that one of the caveats would be that they had to deny their involvement in said program?

Rodan75

I never understand why it always has to be either or; Android or iOS, Disney or Universal, Star Wars or Star Trek, Marvel or DC...the argument is pointless. Both Uni and WDW offer great experiences for different demos...between the two they are creating a great life cycle and increased traffic to Central Florida.

Even If you are on here because of WDW specifically, anything that improves Orlando should make you happy...whether that is Penguins, Diagon or Avatar.

No one on this board wins or loses based on these arguments.

disney fan 13

If Disney, Universal, Six Flags, or anyone else was paying people to post here surreptitiously to bolster their reputation, wouldn't you think that one of the caveats would be that they had to deny their involvement in said program?

How do we know YOUR not a plant!?!? (JK lol)

the.dreamfinder

Because it's a stupid accusation that has become the lowest form of internet discourse, not just here but everywhere.

It's becoming the new Godwin's Law. The longer a discussion progresses the probability that someone will be accused of being a corporate plant approaches 1.
First, there are Disney/CP spies, they are not Tim or Oinks. They take notes on high traffic topics and post as if they're normal people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom