Spirit of Aloha vs Mickey's Backyard BBQ ?

jandcprince

Original Poster
We are going to Disney in early October with 2 girls ages 6 and 5. We want to hit one of the Dinner shows and wonder which our girls would like more, Spirit of Aloha or Mickey's Backyard BBQ,

The girls are big fans of Lilo and Stitch - but I don't know if the rest of the Luau would hold them

Thanks

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, the Luau doesn't get the world's greatest reviews.. but your girls might like it.

The BBQ is really just sitting outside eating ribs with Chip and Dale, no real show to it.

rob45

The Spirit of Aloha is better organized I feel. The food is O.K., the show is more themed to the kids. Everyone has a chance to dance with the characters. The BBQ has great food just total chaos when the characters are out. A small dance floor with hundreds of kids wanting to dance with Mickey, and of course mom and dad there with the camcorder. What a mess! I would choose the Aloha show for the kids, but of course everyones a critic. What ever you choose have a great time. Maybe research both dinner shows on other web sites and get some more reviews.

jandcprince

Original Poster
so are Lilo and Stitch really at the luau? from reading the Birnbaum, it looks like it's just the music from the movie - not the actual characters.

Woozle

so are Lilo and Stitch really at the luau? from reading the Birnbaum, it looks like it's just the music from the movie - not the actual characters.

Yeah, its just the music. Last time I went in March '07 there were no characters from the movie.

My vote is for the Luau. We've seen it twice and been to the BBQ once. The BBQ had more opportunities for the kids to participate but we thought the luau was a better show and we liked the food better.

DizneyPryncess

If they are not at the luau and you want another option, the Polynesian has a character breakfast called Ohana that Lilo & Stitch are at. I have not been to it but lots of people here have been.

ThinkTink721

We are going to Disney in early October with 2 girls ages 6 and 5. We want to hit one of the Dinner shows and wonder which our girls would like more, Spirit of Aloha or Mickey's Backyard BBQ,

The girls are big fans of Lilo and Stitch - but I don't know if the rest of the Luau would hold them

Thanks
We have been to the BBQ twice -- it is good, but not great.
I have heard mixed reviews about the SOA.
If your kids like Lilo & Stitch, try the 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast at the Poly. We did this one last year & it was excellent!
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom