Spiderman negotiations could bring him back under the creative direction of Marvel.

Phicinfan

Well it will be known soon enough. IF the rumor is true, then once the movies come out like CA civil war and Thor Ragnarok, they will have no choice but to confirm or deny it.

I for one am not a fan of Spiderman being tied to Avengers story lines, yes he has worked with Avengers but was never really a member of the Avengers. Still, getting Spidey back and in Marvel movies will be a plus

Matt_Black

I for one am not a fan of Spiderman being tied to Avengers story lines, yes he has worked with Avengers but was never really a member of the Avengers.

Indeed. Call me old school, but I always liked the characterization of Spider-Man as the in-universe C-Lister that no one wants to team with because he talks too much.

doctornick

Not Spider-Man, but Fox is developing an X-Men related TV show. The catch? Marvel owns the live action TV rights (or Fox/Marvel share them) and so they need Marvel's agreement to proceed.

So, there is the question as to what Marvel could get in return.... I'm hoping they could get Fantastic Four rights to revert to Marvel so we can see the FF and, especially, their great antagonists (Dr. Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, etc.) appear in the MCU. Yes, there is a FF movie due to come out this summer, but that wouldn't necessarily be a barrier and it doesn't seem like it will do well.

Sped2424

Original Poster
SPIDER MAN IS BACK OFFICIALLY YAlL
First a film for himself in 2017 establishing this new spider man franchise. But he shall be integrating into the current marvel MCU now. 2017 seems a little soon though. That's two years away for new film, new plot, new star, and Marvel cinematic U tie ins. But the prospects are interesting.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Movie dates being pushed back to make room for Spidey

The announcement of the July 2017 Spidey film has pushed back the release of four Marvel Studios movies: Thor: Ragnarok previously occupied that spot, so it will movie back about to Nov. 3 of that year—a date previously listed for Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther film. That movie will now open nine months later on July 6, 2018—a date previously held by Captain Marvel, the first Marvel Studios film to star a female in the lead. Now that project, which doesn’t yet have a star attached, will come out Nov. 2, 2018. You can see a pattern here, of course. That date was when initially reserved for Inhumans, which will move back to July 12, 2019. No other Marvel movies have been changed.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So you think we will be ditching Peter and getting Mike as Spidey? Interested in how this will work out with the 2 previous spider man franchises not that old.

Sped2424

Original Poster
So you think we will be ditching Peter and getting Mike as Spidey? Interested in how this will work out with the 2 previous spider man franchises not that old.
Oh it's going to be peter parker. Whose mike though do you mean miles morales? And naw this is a reboot of sorts. Again. But I don't think they are doing an origin story for this film.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Oops sorry I ment Miles. I need to just go to bed.
lol It's alright! But you bring up an interesting point. But for some reason I just know Marvel is not doing a Miles Morales story. At least not now and not as the only spider man franchise they have to offer.

Matt_Black

Eh... I don't know. While Feige and Marvel Studios will be listed as co-producers, all the sources I've read indicate that Sony will still have final creative say over the Spidey films, which doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. The conspiracy theorist tells me that this is a Trojan Horse to sink Marvel's films. Sony makes a terrible Spidey film again, blames Marvel, and since he's now in the MCU, the over films get some of the taint.

lazyboy97o

Eh... I don't know. While Feige and Marvel Studios will be listed as co-producers, all the sources I've read indicate that Sony will still have final creative say over the Spidey films, which doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. The conspiracy theorist tells me that this is a Trojan Horse to sink Marvel's films. Sony makes a terrible Spidey film again, blames Marvel, and since he's now in the MCU, the over films get some of the taint.
Disney have final creative say of Marvel films but hasn't been so stupid as to mess with their success. Creative "control" is a way to save face when desperate.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Disney have final creative say of Marvel films but hasn't been so stupid as to mess with their success. Creative "control" is a way to save face when desperate.
Yeah, I tend to agree. This is Sony saying they want some of the gravy off the gravy train.

Matt_Black

True, but the Spidey films will NOT be Disney/ Marvel- they're still going to be owned, produced, and distributed by Sony. There's really nothing stopping Sony from doing an adaptation of The Clone Saga, with all the mind-numbing stupidity that went along with it.

lazyboy97o

True, but the Spidey films will NOT be Disney/ Marvel- they're still going to be owned, produced, and distributed by Sony. There's really nothing stopping Sony from doing an adaptation of The Clone Saga, with all the mind-numbing stupidity that went along with it.
And nothing stopped them before now either except for the creative "control" that is most likely in the original deals with Fox, Sony et al.

matt78

I don't think you have to worry about that. Rumors were that the Sony Executives in Japan were pushing for this to happen. I doubt anyone at Sony Entertainment is going to do tick them off. Its in Sony's best interest to play nice with Marvel since it will make them lots of money.

Ranch Dressing

The Spider-Man films have gone terribly downhill since the brilliant second film by Raimi. Saying they need a little quality control is an understatement, Disney has the current MCU films at an extremely high level so this bodes well for Spidey fans.

Whats appealing is, the whole MCU series of films has been tightly fine tuned from the get go so part of me thinks they knew they would get Spidey all along. I have to think X-Men is not far behind. Jackman with Downey is an easy billion.

matt78

The Spider-Man films have gone terribly downhill since the brilliant second film by Raimi. Saying they need a little quality control is an understatement, Disney has the current MCU films at an extremely high level so this bodes well for Spidey fans.

Whats appealing is, the whole MCU series of films has been tightly fine tuned from the get go so part of me thinks they knew they would get Spidey all along. I have to think X-Men is not far behind. Jackman with Downey is an easy billion.

I agree that the last 3 Spider-Man movies weren't the greatest. I do wish there was a way that Andrew Garfield could still be Spider-Man though. I did hear that Marvel was interested in casting him for a different role in the future.

I don't think there is any chance of X-Men returning to the MCU in the near future. The X-Men movies make way to much money for Fox to want to cooperate with Marvel. From what I heard the executives from Fox and Marvel don't get along very well. I do think that if the next Fantastic Four movie bombs that Fox will return that franchise to Marvel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom