Spiderman Broke Box Office Record

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Biggest 3 day opening in history!
The Folks at Sony thought it might pull in 70-80mil over the weekend...so they are even shocked! They still have another week to bring in a lot more dough....as Episode 2 opens next Thursday. I dont think Episode 2 will break 114mil though...it will have strong weekend numbers..(Thursdays dont count)......but not 114mil. strong:)

MKCustodial

Actually, it's the biggest opening day ever as well, went over Harry Potter. Spidey ROCKS, baby!! No jedi is gonna be able to catch him!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

I've seen the movie 3 times and I can honestly say...this movie is BEAUTIFULLY done...I wasn't crazy about the Green Goblin but I LOVE the movie anyways...hey...gotta question for you fellow spidey lovers out there...I haven't read a spidey comic in years and I can't remember the story behind the Hobgoblin...IS HE HARRY??? (Green Goblin's son?)

I don't think AotClones is going to pull in as much as spidey just because a lot of people weren't crazy about Episode I. I myself enjoyed Episode I but it would've been soooo much better without Jar Jar.

HULK IS GOING TO ROCK!!!
Fantastic 4 is being made
Silver Surfer is being talked about
Daredevil has also been green-lighted

I WANT A JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE!!!!

Gimme another Spawn movie too while you're at it :)

Lamont Cranston

Actually Harry is not the Hobgoblin. Harry went on to become the Green Goblin II. I think there were three other Green Goblins after Harry. Depending on which comic you read the Hobgoblin is either Jason Philip Macendale, Ned Leeds, Roderick Kingsley, Flash Thompson or Lefty Donovan.

WDWFREAK53

Thanks Lamont...

So, can I assume correctly that Flash Thompson (if in fact, he does go on to become the Hobgoblin) is using the same "glider" that the Green Goblin uses???

Oh yeah...I was just curious...who is everyone's favorite Spidey Enemy???

I heard that Spidey 2 is coming out in May 2004.

Lhriangel

I agree about the I WANT A JUSTICE LEAGUE movie comment.

On my wish list are also:
Another Superman
Wonder Woman
Supergirl

*is getting excited* hehe

And I can't wait for the next Batman and X-Men.

What should be good as well is the new Scooby Doo.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Angelique

What should be good as well is the new Scooby Doo.

:mad:

I can't believe you are looking foward to the Scooby-Doo movie. I mean Scooby drives a 4-wheeler in the movie. That's enough for me.

:hurl:

Lhriangel

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

:mad:

I can't believe you are looking foward to the Scooby-Doo movie. I mean Scooby drives a 4-wheeler in the movie. That's enough for me.

:hurl:

*pouts* I think it's going to be cute. Well other than the fact that SMG is in it. And it look interesting. It will be what it is meant to be, a comedy based on an old cartoon.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Angelique

*pouts* I think it's going to be cute. Well other than the fact that SMG is in it. And it look interesting. It will be what it is meant to be, a comedy based on an old cartoon.

I agree...Scooby DID do stuff like that in the cartoon...this shouldn't be a serious movie at all. I just hope they have one of those GIGANTIC sandwiches that Scooby and gy always ate...BUT THEY BETTER NOT BRING IN SCRAPPY DOO!!!

DOWN WITH PUPPY POWER!

Ok...back to Spidey...what is the storyline behind Doc Ock and Carnage???

MKCustodial

All right, let's clear some stuff up here.

There were 4 Green Goblins: Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Harry's shrink (forgot his name) and Phil Urich, Ben Urich's nephew (but he was a hero).

There were 2 Hobgoblins: the original, who everybody thought was Ned Leeds, was in fact Roderick Kingsley, and the second one was Jason Macendale.

Doc Ock had his origin tweaked by John Byrne, but the original one was that he was a scientist and he developed mechanical arms to help him handle nuclear material. After an accidental explosion, the arms got stuck into him and he suffered brain damage, which allowed him to control the arms as if they were his own, and also turned him insane. Later, the arms were separated from him, but he was able to control them telepathically.

Carnage is Kletus Cassady. He was Eddie Brock's cell mate at Ryker's Island, when everybody thougt the symbiote was dead. When the symbiote reappeared and rejoined with Eddie to help him escape, he left a little spawn behind. It joined Cassady and they became Carnage. He's basically like Venow, only his symbiote kinda flows around his body, and it's already so merged into him that his body is able to recreate it if it's killed.

Did that help? :D :p

MKCustodial

Ok, Spider-Man opens tomorrow down here, but I'm going to an advance screening tonight, 11:50 PM. I'm SO HYPED!!!:p :p :p

Just wanted to share the excitement... :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by MKCustodial
All right, let's clear some stuff up here.

There were 4 Green Goblins: Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Harry's shrink (forgot his name) and Phil Urich, Ben Urich's nephew (but he was a hero).

There were 2 Hobgoblins: the original, who everybody thought was Ned Leeds, was in fact Roderick Kingsley, and the second one was Jason Macendale.

Doc Ock had his origin tweaked by John Byrne, but the original one was that he was a scientist and he developed mechanical arms to help him handle nuclear material. After an accidental explosion, the arms got stuck into him and he suffered brain damage, which allowed him to control the arms as if they were his own, and also turned him insane. Later, the arms were separated from him, but he was able to control them telepathically.

Carnage is Kletus Cassady. He was Eddie Brock's cell mate at Ryker's Island, when everybody thougt the symbiote was dead. When the symbiote reappeared and rejoined with Eddie to help him escape, he left a little spawn behind. It joined Cassady and they became Carnage. He's basically like Venow, only his symbiote kinda flows around his body, and it's already so merged into him that his body is able to recreate it if it's killed.

Did that help? :D :p

Yes, it helped a TON!!! Thanks for clearing it all up for me :)

bvolguards

Originally posted by DMC-12
Biggest 3 day opening in history!
The Folks at Sony thought it might pull in 70-80mil over the weekend...so they are even shocked! They still have another week to bring in a lot more dough....as Episode 2 opens next Thursday. I dont think Episode 2 will break 114mil though...it will have strong weekend numbers..(Thursdays dont count)......but not 114mil. strong:)

It definitly will not because it is opening in about 1,000 less theaters than spider man did

WDWFREAK53

The official numbers are in...Spiderman in its opening weekend made 114.8 Million...Star Wars Episode II made 116 million...but...Episode II's numbers are based on a 4 day total...not a 3 day total like Spiderman. I believe Episode II's 3 day total was around 87 million or so. So, Spiderman is STILL the king of the opening weekends!

RogueHabit

AOTC was in 1500 less theatres than Spidey:

Spidey: 7500
AOTC: 6000

Also, Sony very smartly locked Spidey into many of the larger auditoria for at leats 2 weeks in many theatres.

With this in mind, I don't think AOTC was ever realistically going to beat Spider-man. Everybody, including Sony and Lucasfilms, knew it.

On top of all that, Spidey may have less hype, but I think more people wanted to see it due to the fact that it is the first ever live action Spider-man to truly capture the character.

Put it this way, I'm a MAJOR Star Wars fan of 25 years, and if I had been told that I could only see one of these two movies, I would have plumped for Spidey.

But AOTC DID ROCK, and Yoda was ACE!

Attachments

• yoda.gif
    yoda.gif
    944 bytes · Views: 63

WDWFREAK53

Spiderman is the #6 top grossing american movie ever made...yes...it has officially surpassed Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings...taking in a whopping 333 million!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom