Spice road table

liveforholidays

Original Poster
Has anyone tried spice road table as a venue for Epcot fireworks? We have made a reservation for 8.00 hoping that it might be a good place to view illuminations and have the kind of food we love. The menu looks great and reviews look positive but it seems worryingly under reported on! Any experiences you have would be read with interest!

NiarrNDisney

The food is awesome and though I have never been sat during the fireworks I'm betting that if you are sitting on the open air patio you will have a great view. I have also dined inside and while it only has a few tables there are large windows with great views of the lagoon so I can only assume you can see Illuminations pretty well.

Last edited:

71dsp

We are looking to do the same at Spice Road Table. The location looks great for viewing Illuminations!

Lirael

I also made an ADR to try and watch Illuminations from there. I searched around and people seem to agree that its possible to watch it from certain tables.

Here's an youtube video I found:

belledream

We loved the food at Spice Road Table! I was worried too because the reviews seemed sparse and I did see a lot of negative ones about the small plates, but we went the entrée route and were not disappointed! We dined early, so no fireworks, but there is both indoor and outdoor seating right on Showcase Lagoon. Enjoy!

mbtohill

Love Spice Road!! Food is always very good and the service is outstanding. Last trip we had a late ADR and watched Illuminations from the outside seating....it was AWESOME. Would highly recommend it!

danyoung56

I was worried too because the reviews seemed sparse and I did see a lot of negative ones about the small plates....

Most Americans don't understand the tapas concept, where for 2 people you might order 4 or 5 different items off of the tapas menu. The two times I ate there I ordered 2 items, and it was perfect.

belledream

Most Americans don't understand the tapas concept, where for 2 people you might order 4 or 5 different items off of the tapas menu. The two times I ate there I ordered 2 items, and it was perfect.
Agreed. It's hard for some people to spend "more money" on what they perceive as "less food" so I can see where the negativity spawns from. We really enjoyed our entrees too - better than Restaurant Marrakesh in our opinion!

MrHappy

Great food. I was sat inside at the first table next to the window for the show. While you can get a sense of the show, it's a bit far and some parts are blocked by the islands. So, sure, there are better views if you really want a prime vantage point. However, great food, and "enough" of the show is all I needed to make the night!

liveforholidays

Original Poster
I also made an ADR to try and watch Illuminations from there. I searched around and people seem to agree that its possible to watch it from certain tables.

Here's an youtube video I found:

Excellent! Thank you so much for that. It looks like a great view as long as you're not smack behind that pillar!!! Good to see so many people commenting favourably about the food. We love tapas and it really suits the children who typically can't manage adult entrees but are classed as adults on dining plan. Nice to have the option of entrees as well though. We will definitely go! Thanks to you all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom