Spend a day at the Tragic Kingdom

yedliW

I also think it's kind of funny that people are getting mad about this map. I bet the person who made this is actually a huge Disney fan but just wanted to be funny and make a judgmental map about it. I mean, why would a hater know SO MUCH detail about Magic Kingdom that they'd be able to make a judgmental map about it and it be super accurate. :rolleyes:

It's obvious that whoever made this has been there several times, probably a cast member. I think it is great and would like to see a similar map for the other parks.. after all, if you can't laugh at yourself..

Raineman

While possible, you are taking the most negative evaluation of intent and deciding it is fact. It is no more fact then any thing said in the map. It is called satire. Satire has existed for years and no negative, mean thoughts, necessarily motivate it. Humor does. No one takes it seriously (with the exception of a few that take offense that someone is making fun of something they really like.) We all do if from time to time. Some of us with a darker humor then others may be inclined to be that way more often. However, the point of all these words is that you have no more idea what motivated this "joke" then anyone else. Go with the obvious humor part of it and stop trying to read things into it. Like I said.. It's probably the world we currently live in that is causing this type of frustration, but, certainly nothing to get upset about.
Don't get me wrong, this in no way upsets me-I just don't think it's funny, and, judging from some other comments on here, I'm not the only one. Some of the stuff on the map just kind of rubbed me the wrong way-it smacks of a bit too much cynicism for me. But, it is what it is, if other people find it funny, that's ok with me. As I said, just my opinion.

21stamps

This looks like it was written by radicals, like those hippies who invaded Disneyland in 1970:

http://www.disneyavenue.com/2015/08/the-day-disneyland-was-invaded-by.html

That was an interesting read! Thanks for posting.

Don't get me wrong, this in no way upsets me-I just don't think it's funny, and, judging from some other comments on here, I'm not the only one. Some of the stuff on the map just kind of rubbed me the wrong way-it smacks of a bit too much cynicism for me. But, it is what it is, if other people find it funny, that's ok with me. As I said, just my opinion.

That's how I view it, you can find some funny descriptions on the map, and others come across too cynical- and not in a funny cynical way. Doesn't mean that someone is offended or that they lack a sense of humor.
Judgemental Maps are always cynical and a bit inappropriate- and a few of them are very funny..some authors have better wit than others imo.

Raineman

Nothing wrong with a little satire here & there. Some of the map does realistically point out the ugly truth, other parts are worth a chuckle. What I find most entertaining is the Pixie Brigade salivating with anger and getting their shorts in a wad over this. :hilarious:
Some of us make a comment on how we don't find the map funny, and now we're the angry Pixie Brigade? Lol, ok then. Let me repeat myself-I do not find the map funny, but I don't care if other people do, and it doesn't impact my life one bit. And this concept here that seems to be promoted by all the doom-and-gloomers that anyone that ever defends Disney is a pixie duster is laughable. It's funny how a theme park, which is supposed to promote fun and happiness, can inspire such negativity and vitriol in some people. For the most part, I choose not to let any negative aspects of WDW affect how I feel about the parks-but I guess I'm just part of the Pixie Brigade, huh? :rolleyes:

contrariwise

Some of us make a comment on how we don't find the map funny, and now we're the angry Pixie Brigade? Lol, ok then. Let me repeat myself-I do not find the map funny, but I don't care if other people do, and it doesn't impact my life one bit. And this concept here that seems to be promoted by all the doom-and-gloomers that anyone that ever defends Disney is a pixie duster is laughable. It's funny how a theme park, which is supposed to promote fun and happiness, can inspire such negativity and vitriol in some people. For the most part, I choose not to let any negative aspects of WDW affect how I feel about the parks-but I guess I'm just part of the Pixie Brigade, huh? :rolleyes:
I don’t think defending Disney is laughable. There are times when I defend Disney. There are times when I just can’t. It feels like there are some people who always jump to the defense, and never find anything wrong.

Where you really lose me is that you find vitriol in that map. I saw satire. Who hasn’t joked that the teacups make them nauseous? That’s not anti-Disney. And it’s not “vitriol".

It’s totally ok if it’s not your humor, or some of the jokes fall flat to you. It’s just when someone calls it “vitriol”, I think there’s something else at play here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom