Spend a day at the Tragic Kingdom

I am Timmy

Did my brother-in-law draw this up? Because he has said a few of those things to me whenever he finds out we're going to DW again. Even though he's only been once.... for five days. But it's mostly about the prices and crowds. And waiting. They didn't plan very well, even though I warned them repeatedly. And he wonders why he didn't find it magical?

MinnieWaffles

Ow_the_edge.jpg

correcaminos

I read this to my family and we loved it! They started a game to guess what ride or food I was talking about. I did edit one since the youngest is 9, but even the youngest laughed and the love for Disney is strong. I've been going to Disney for 35 years now regularly and while I love it, I see all sides to the parks and Disney as a whole.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Unfortunately, and it may be the world we currently live in, a sense of humor and the ability to laugh at ourselves is no longer a good trait. When we get to the point that we have to take our Theme parks so seriously that we get offended by comments intended to be fun, maybe we should all stand back and ask ourselves where our minds are. Where the paranoia is coming from and why it is all that important. I don't even understand how anyone can have any enjoyment from a Disney Theme park when lacking a sense of humor or are so easily offended. Must be a hell of a life. I guess that's why Prozac sales are so high.

Raineman

Unfortunately, and it may be the world we currently live in, a sense of humor and the ability to laugh at ourselves is no longer a good trait. When we get to the point that we have to take our Theme parks so seriously that we get offended by comments intended to be fun, maybe we should all stand back and ask ourselves where our minds are. Where the paranoia is coming from and why it is all that important. I don't even understand how anyone can have any enjoyment from a Disney Theme park when lacking a sense of humor or are so easily offended. Must be a hell of a life. I guess that's why Prozac sales are so high.
My biggest issue with this "map" is the context that it is in. We all know the amount of negative BS we see on a daily basis on this forum, and this map just adds to it. If I saw this map posted on Facebook, or someone showed it to me on their phone, I might smile and roll my eyes. But in here, it's just another example of a whiny, "this is how much I think WDW sucks" post. I am under no illusion that WDW is perfect-I know and have seen the things that are not up to snuff or need to be changed/improved. I try not to focus on those things, unlike a good chunk of posters here who do nothing but attack Disney management for everything they do. I see a lot of things on here that I find funny (a lot of the memes that are posted are good for a laugh), but this map almost seems to be attempting a mean spirited kind of humor, not the kind of light hearted, "we love it so we will make fun of it" kind of humor. Just my opinion, nothing more.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
My biggest issue with this "map" is the context that it is in. We all know the amount of negative BS we see on a daily basis on this forum, and this map just adds to it. If I saw this map posted on Facebook, or someone showed it to me on their phone, I might smile and roll my eyes. But in here, it's just another example of a whiny, "this is how much I think WDW sucks" post. I am under no illusion that WDW is perfect-I know and have seen the things that are not up to snuff or need to be changed/improved. I try not to focus on those things, unlike a good chunk of posters here who do nothing but attack Disney management for everything they do. I see a lot of things on here that I find funny (a lot of the memes that are posted are good for a laugh), but this map almost seems to be attempting a mean spirited kind of humor, not the kind of light hearted, "we love it so we will make fun of it" kind of humor. Just my opinion, nothing more.
What I see in the map is a decade or more of lowered expectations.

Goofyernmost

While possible, you are taking the most negative evaluation of intent and deciding it is fact. It is no more fact then any thing said in the map. It is called satire. Satire has existed for years and no negative, mean thoughts, necessarily motivate it. Humor does. No one takes it seriously (with the exception of a few that take offense that someone is making fun of something they really like.) We all do if from time to time. Some of us with a darker humor then others may be inclined to be that way more often. However, the point of all these words is that you have no more idea what motivated this "joke" then anyone else. Go with the obvious humor part of it and stop trying to read things into it. Like I said.. It's probably the world we currently live in that is causing this type of frustration, but, certainly nothing to get upset about.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster

Sounds like a "you" problem.

Maddie Terwilliger

Honestly I can't even be mad because this map is accurate :hilarious:

I died at the 400% markup store talking about one of the shops on Main Street :hilarious::hilarious: LOL so funny.

I also think it's kind of funny that people are getting mad about this map. I bet the person who made this is actually a huge Disney fan but just wanted to be funny and make a judgmental map about it. I mean, why would a hater know SO MUCH detail about Magic Kingdom that they'd be able to make a judgmental map about it and it be super accurate. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Maybe some of us just didn't think it was funny. We also didn't get offended. Must have our levels of Prozak just right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom