SpectroMagic to be Cancelled :(

lnsemsf

I never much liked it anyway. For me its the Main Street Electrical Parade or nothing! Serves them right for again getting rid of my favorite thing in the park since my childhood!

markymark

This is going from bad to worse!!!!

I can't believe there's even a chance it wont be there next summer. I love Spectromagic, I think even more than the MSEP, the idea of it not being there next summer is just awful :(

Steve, I couldn't agree with you more when you say "Let's hope the plans are scrapped before even more damage is done to WDW."

JAY-ROD

What the hell are these people thinking! Well be shutting down the park for one or 2 days out of the week next! This is really ing me off! Makes me not even want to go now!:( :mad:

markymark

Originally posted by JAY-ROD
What the hell are these people thinking! Well be shutting down the park for one or 2 days out of the week next! This is really ing me off! Makes me not even want to go now!:( :mad:

Don't even suggest that, Jay. I bet they have already thought about closing it for a couple of days a week.

MarknSue

this news has really taken the spring out of my step today
we havent seen the spectromagic parade and it was going to be a BIG highlight of our trip at Christmas
I hope that if disney do have this plan, that pressure will make them back down
at the end of the day though, isnt it right that disney didnt make this problem, an evil megalomaniac did?
just another small reason to wish for his head on a tall spiked pole
mark

DisneyGal

I love spectromagic, and when I found out earlier it was most likely going to be cancelled, I was so upset!!! SAVE SPECTROMAGIC!!!!!!

Uhh.. Not to bring up a debate which SHOULD NOT be on wdwmagic but....

Calling a Union Steward would do nothing but make the situation worse. They are not able to make the parade continue and will in fact cost the company hours and dollars in arbitration for no reason that the company could be spending better elsewhere. Plus it is built into every contract that the company has an out due to business need. If attendance has dropped and does not justify a parade anymore than the parade can be canceled. End of story.

runbevo

Spectromagic

I spoke to someone I know that has a fairly prominent position with WDW and he indicates that they are just that, rumors. It was discussed and in fact may indeed be dropped during the non-peak hours but that it is still being discussed. It should still be running during peak times. Again, still in discussion.

Further, he advised that they are getting a lot of calls and a lot of heat over this and the dropping of the early entry days being eliminated.

Look for early entry days to possibly be back by the time the holidays roll around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom