Spectro Magic or Main Street Electrical

Favorite Parade?

• Total voters

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
Spectromagic was so stunning and the music was second to none (at least when it comes to parades). I felt it was time for MSEP to go, because we've had it for so long and I think it was a step down from Spectromagic when they brought it back.

wdwfan4eva

it's a tough call but i voted MSEP. i grew up listening to the music even before I saw it in person when it came to WDW. However, I love listening to the Spectromagic music and miss the actual parade. i remember the uproar the change of the faces on those "doll" characters caused...it didn't matter to me, it was minimal to the actual parade as a whole.

KaliSplash

MSEP by a mile! or many miles. For the same reason the original poster cited, the Music. Spectro's music is a waltz!, count it out. MSEP is a march. (btw, I thinkg Spectro is a beautiful parade and the music is fine, it's just NOT parade music, it's a waltz.

brb1006

MSEP by a mile! or many miles. For the same reason the original poster cited, the Music. Spectro's music is a waltz!, count it out. MSEP is a march. (btw, I thinkg Spectro is a beautiful parade and the music is fine, it's just NOT parade music, it's a waltz.
What's wrong with Waltz? Spectromagic had a perfect soundtrack that fit the nighttime atmosphere. MSEP music was very repetitive compared to Spectro.

rodserling27

My favorite debate. :)

If we are talking original 1977-1991 MSEP vs Spectro, then MSEP wins hands down. If we are talking "Disney's" Electrical Parade, it's a toss up as the Dream Lights style music is a little grating and somewhat cold. Visually Spectro is a little more impressive, but there's just something so darn charming and beautiful in the simplicity of the MSEP.

I have long thought that the original Baroque Hoedown and subsequent float music for the MSEP is timeless and perfect for a charming evening parade. I also think the music for SpectroMagic is epic, grandiose, and beautiful. But in my opinion it was NOT fitting for a parade. Much more fitting for something like Fantasmic! or a fireworks show.

I can tell you what though...Spectro and every incarnation of MSEP beat the hell out of Paint The Night. THAT thing is the most cold, heartless, and frustrating thing I've ever seen. (I'm know I'm in the minority on this opinion!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom