Specific MemoryMaker question?

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
In a related post, i was told that some videos or photos are not available to those who do not have magic bands.. is this accurate? If not, how does one go about getting theses on the MM account since they don't use the card tickets which we will be using? (we are not onsite guests)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
That is not correct. For those particular rides etc let the cast member know and they can scan your card or they have a kiosk to scan your card. I know others that only used the cards for MM because they were not onsite guests and they got all pics and videos this way.
******Found on Disney's official site:

How do I receive my attraction photos?
After you finish riding a participating attraction, the guest with the Memory Maker entitlement needs to stop at that attraction’s Sales Center within 24 hours and associate the photo to their MagicBand, Memory Maker card or Disney PhotoPass Card.

:)

Last edited:

Rob562

That is not correct. For those particular rides etc let the cast member know and they can scan your card or they have a kiosk to scan your card. I know others that only used the cards for MM because they were not onsite guests and they got all pics and videos this way.
******Found on Disney's official site:

How do I receive my attraction photos?
After you finish riding a participating attraction, the guest with the Memory Maker entitlement needs to stop at that attraction’s Sales Center within 24 hours and associate the photo to their MagicBand, Memory Maker card or Disney PhotoPass Card.

:)

They're not talking about just getting MemoryMaker and scanning the card, they're talking about the on-ride videos associated with them. I may have been incorrect in the other thread talking about Tower of Terror, and by scanning the reader by the monitor at the exit you may get the video too, but with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train there are no preview screens, no targets to scan and no CM's to talk to about the photos. They only link via the Band.

From here on WDWMagic back in October:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...ss-photos-from-today-at-walt-disney-world.htm

"Expect to see the MagicBand automated linking to become the default method in future attractions for on-ride PhotoPass, with video walls no longer to be added to new attractions. The latest Walt Disney World attraction - the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will not be offering video wall previews, and will only offer MagicBand association of on-ride photos."

-Rob

sxeensweet

They're not talking about just getting MemoryMaker and scanning the card, they're talking about the on-ride videos associated with them. I may have been incorrect in the other thread talking about Tower of Terror, and by scanning the reader by the monitor at the exit you may get the video too, but with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train there are no preview screens, no targets to scan and no CM's to talk to about the photos. They only link via the Band.

From here on WDWMagic back in October:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...ss-photos-from-today-at-walt-disney-world.htm

"Expect to see the MagicBand automated linking to become the default method in future attractions for on-ride PhotoPass, with video walls no longer to be added to new attractions. The latest Walt Disney World attraction - the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will not be offering video wall previews, and will only offer MagicBand association of on-ride photos."

-Rob
Yes you are correct they did say that but I have heard others not having bands that got the 7DMT video and TOT video but they could be mistaken.
I'm assuming if you know the time and date you ride 7DMT/TOT and what you wore you can call the Photopass/memory maker phone line and have them search for that. So there is a way around it even if you cannot have them scan your card. That may be how my friends got them eventhough they did not have a band. :)

sxeensweet

OK, I guess there is a semi-round-about way to get it linked. :)

-Rob
Yeah If it was me I would note it in my phone or something the time/date/what they are wearing etc on any ride you cannot have them scan your card. Then call the next day or ASAP to see if it can be found and added. Videos they told me when I had to call for something else, only stay available for 15-30 days to search unlike photos they keep for at least 45. :)

Dwarful

We checked our MM on the first night and had a few missing ride photos. It took some time but they were found. After that we stopped and scanned the band at the end of every ride just in case. it was much less time to do that quick tap and go than it was spending on the phone searching for the photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom