Special Occasions at Disney

thumper

Hi Everyone - my husband and I are scheduled to make a trip to Disney at the end of May for our 1 year anniversary.

Does anyone know if Disney offers any special "extras" if I tell them in advance of our anniversary? Or does anyone have any suggestions (such as a fantastic place to have dinner?) I want it to be a surprise for my husband! Thanks!:)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by thumper
Hi Everyone - my husband and I are scheduled to make a trip to Disney at the end of May for our 1 year anniversary.

Does anyone know if Disney offers any special "extras" if I tell them in advance of our anniversary? Or does anyone have any suggestions (such as a fantastic place to have dinner?) I want it to be a surprise for my husband! Thanks!:)

For birthdays, we've gotten a card (signed by "Mickey") and cake; for anniversary, a 1/2 split of champagne and a rose in a vase. (That was a while ago, I don't know if they still do it) They were delivered to the room after check in...no "hints" to the recipients!

Lots of fantastic places to eat..if you give us an idea of price range, I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions!

I forgot to add, welcome to the forum! :)

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by thumper

Thump....

...so many restaurants are 'romantic' at WDW...I've always placed a high value on 'ambiance' for romantic dinners....not price.(after all...look at my name....I shared dinner with Lady in an alley)

...you can go to one of the high priced restaurants at the Grand Floridian but since you've gone to WDW at this special time, you may as feel like you're at the World...

...seems to me that dinner in the Castle, window seat, is very 'special' and it's the only time in your life where you'll be addressed as M'lady and M'lord.....:animwink:

...sorry...I don't think the upstairs apartment is available for renting.:animwink:

Upvote 0

thumper

Original Poster
Thanks for the Castle idea - all this time I was thinking of Victoria & Albert's, but Cinderella's Castle seems more appealing!:)

(and thanks for welcoming me...I'm glad I finally joined!):D

Upvote 0

SeaSpray

thumper:

I highly recommend the castle for an anniversary dinner! My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there last year and it was wonderful. They decorated our table with streamers and confetti and after dinner we were given a complimentary set of champagne glasses with the words "Cinderella's Royal Table" etched on them! I have some pictures of what the restaurant inside the castle looks like, just click on the link below to be taken to my web site. Then click on "restaurants" and look for the "Cinderella's Castle dinner" link. We also did the breakfast there too, if you want to see additional pictures from that restaurant. Good luck and happy anniversary! :)
P.S. Be SURE to tell them you are there to celebrate your anniversary! If/When you call to make a PS for dinner, let them know then, too, but also remind them at the podium when you check in for dinner, and if you think the waiter is not aware, mention it to him/her too! Don't be shy about it! :)

Upvote 0

Fantasia Girl

For our 1st anniversary my husband arrainged a private dinner and viewing of Illuminations, where we had our desert party after our Disney wedding the year before!!! We had a private chef and waitstaff. It was down by the water behind the ROse and Crown, there is a terrace there. I think he used our Disney wedding coordinator or her assistant to help. It was so much fun!!

But as far as Disney giving us perks.... we got a signed card and picture from CHip and Dale at our resort (fort Wilderness) and make sure you tell the restaurant it is your anniversary, they gave us free dessert and a certificate stating that we celebrated our anniversary at WDW!! At the garden grill in Epcot you can have a re-hitching ceremony, it is free and it is cute ( it doesin't have to be ON your anniversary) the characters come out and there is a little ceremony for you ( it could be embarrasing if you don't like to be the center of attention!):D

The other ideas posted here are great too!!! But if you are willing to pay the price....Disney will accomidate almost anything!!

Upvote 0

MarknSue

On our wedding trip when we mentioned in the Norway restaraunt in Epcot why we were there, they all gathered round and sang us a song.
As it happens, the song was nothing to do with weddings - it was Happy Birthday in Norwegion but the thought was a nice one!!

Upvote 0

theduchess

We went to Disney on the Honeymoon Grand Plan and for our second anniversary. We're going later this year for our fifth anniversary. Definately do Victoria and Albert's! It's really an experience. We usually do the Cinderella's castle for a lunch since there is no alcohol served in the Magic Kingdom...:fork:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom