Special Fairy Godmother PART 2 (Nov 2007)

BuzzLite_Fran

Original Poster
Ok Ya'll Here is the long awaited story from this year's Special Fairy Godmother Meet n greet......................................................................................................

While we were at the MK on Thursday Nov 15, 2007, we were standing in front of city hall just off Main Street USA, preparing to watch the Disney's Dream come True parade, when our special Friend Gary who works at the Magic Kingdom....found us once again, and watched the parade with us. We got reaquainted since our last meeting in 2005. After the parade Gary told us to meet him inside City Hall, while he went and found Fairy Godmother after the parade. We did, and after a short time we were cerimoniously reunited with OUR VERY SPECIAL FAIRY GODMOTHER! Our daughter and my wife and I were sooooo excited and happy to see her. Alyssa and her had a very special time together. hey hugged, told stories and Alyssa told FG how good she was doing in school. FG even took the time to help Alyssa with a problem she told her about in school. Alyssa told her about a boy who made fun of her, and the FG told her that sometimes when people arent very happy in their heart, they make fun of others, but not to let him or anyone else make her feel like she wasnt smart, but that she was very special and very smart! She really took the time with Alyssa and spent quality moments with her. She listened to her and was so nurturing. It was Sooo very inspiring to watch. Alyssa had really looked forward to seeing her special FG! As well as us. As a parent it truely will be the most special memory I will cherish forever!

We spent about 30 minutes or so talking, laughing and visiting with her and Gary. Since both the Fairy Godmother, and Gary had remembered our daughter each year since 2002, we had already decided to do something special for them both. The both had gone out of their way to make my daughter's dreams come tru, as well as ours. My wife and I had two very special plaques made up with our daughter's pics with them from our last meeting in 2005. We presented them to the Fairy Godmother and Gary. They were so touched that we would do something for them, even though it was in a small way. I hope and pray that they will look at these plaques and ALWAYS KNOW that along with millions of other children, they made a littel girl named Alyssa's dreams come true for a few years in her childhood. She will always rememeber those special memories that were created just for her, and by such loving caring people. These are the people that Walt would be the most proud of if he were still here. I truely believe that they embody the nature and spirit of Walt Disney himself.

Just before our FG had to go get ready to go, she told our daughter that she would look for her in the parade that evening, for we were going to attend the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. During the Christmas parade we saw our FG on one of the floats and she waved at us. She also "Magically" appeared as Mrs. Clause in the Santa float at the end of the parade. She waved at Alyssa their special "I Love You" hand symbol. Alyssa was so excited to see her. We told Alyssa that the FG had to help Santa and played Mrs. Clause. We were so excited that she saw Alyssa we stayed and watched the second Christmas parade and saw her again. She just waved and mouthed "I love you Alyssa" to our daughter. We were so touched. It was very obvious that she waved and spent more time with Alyssa even while in the parade! It was awesome. Not a dry eye from my wife and I were found. We just had such a good time with her this year!

To Gary and our FG: We cannot thank you enough for making all of our dreams come true. You both will never know how touched my wife and I are that you have made a friend in our daughter! She will forever rememeber you and what you have done for her over the past couple of years. God Bless both of you!

To that special someone who will read this...and you know who you are....THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR you part in helping this year's meet n greet possible. I am in your debt! You also are what Walt Disney is all about!

Here are a few photos from this year's meet n greet!

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00273fixed.jpg

DSC00279fixed.jpg

For His consideration I blotted out Gary's last name and My daughter's for obvious
Reasons. I wouldnt want Gary to get asked by thousands of people to do something
special for them, and he think he was taken advantage of. That is the black spots you
see on the plaque.

BuzzLite_Fran

Original Poster
I MIGHT TRY ADDING VIDEO AT A LATER TIME. IF I DO I WILL REPOST IT HERE IN A NEW REPLY!

Our Special Fairy Godmother helping Santa be Mrs. Clause in the parade. If you look
close you can see she is holding up the "I Love You" hand symbol at Alyssa. This is their
special thing between them

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00285-1.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

joanna71985

That is so wonderful, and I love the pictures. I agree with you, she is a very special Fairy Godmother and I love her friend Mrs. Clause.

Also, Gary is a great manager. Thank you for sharing these memories and pictures with us.:)

mousefan1972

Sigh... you made me cry, AGAIN!! :cry:

:lol:

What tremendous people. I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip and got to enjoy special time with a truly magical Fairy Godmother!!

HRT+3

That is just so awesome! Some people are just full of love, your daughter seems like one of those special people as do Gary and her Fairy Godmother. And what a lucky girl she is to have you as parents!

Disney_Belle

That story brought tears to my eyes!!!

What a special moment. It looks as if your special fairy Godmother was also close to tears.

Gary & Fairy Godmother are obviously a very good representation of what Walt Disney was about! And so are you, your wife and Alyssa!!! For believing in Alyssa's dreams and knowing they come true!!!

A very touching story, and I am sure there will be years to come to add more magical moments like these.

By the way, the picture with Mrs. Clause signing "I love you" to Alyssa, is amazing :)

TheDisneyGirl02

She truly is a very special Fairy Godmother. I look for her every year when we are at the parks. I had the honor of working with her one time and it was wonderful.

The Adventurer

Your story of your special Fairy Godmother has really touched my heart. I go to Disney World often and have experienced my share of the Disney magic, but what you have is something truly special. The next time I am at the park, I'll definately look for your SFG in hopes of letting her know just how far she has spread the Disney magic. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom