Space Shuttle

Ryan

Original Poster
Now I know this has no Disney value at all, but I have always thought that a Spce Shuttle simulator game would be one entertaining game. Why hasn't anyone thought of this? If you are a game designer, consider this a gift and go make thousands of dollars with my idea! Just make sure it's good. Include the launch and moon landings and all sort of challenges.

WDW-Imagineer

Microsoft made a Space Simulator a while back (ten years ago or so) and it was extremely complex & difficult.... Since then, the only thing close has been various space-fighter games.

StarscreamLSU

In addition to the M$ Shuttle Simulator, there was one for the NES back in like 89-90 called Shuttle Commander (think thats it). It was pretty hard and didn't really sell all that well, mostly gaining small niche followings. You can probably find an NES emulator and a ROM of the game somewhere online.

The bottom line, Shuttle games just aren't all that popular or in demand - so no company can justify the production costs.

Ryan

Original Poster
I have seen both of those games you are talking about, but none of them are like I was describing. I'm talking like a full out space shuttle launch and then creating things in space. Landing on the moon maybe...just different things like that. It would have to be somewhat challenging, but not impossible like you were stating. A lot of effort could be put into training, like before the launch, and then actually flying the shuttle into space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom